Let’s make 4th of July dipped strawberries. This simple patriotic dessert can be customized any way you want by changing the color of the white chocolate dip for red white and blue dipped strawberries or adding fun sprinkles with a patriotic twist. This is a fun food craft for kids with supervision.
4th of July Chocolate Covered Strawberries
This easy method for chocolate covered strawberries is perfect for your 4th of July picnic or cookout. These 4th of July strawberry treats can be made ahead of time and kept cool until serving.
Related: 4th of July cupcakes you can make at home
This article contains affiliate links.
Ingredients Needed for 4th of July Strawberries
- Strawberries – I think bigger is better when it comes to strawberries to be dipped in chocolate!
- White chocolate (also called melting chocolate)
- Milk chocolate
- Patriotic sprinkles
- (Optional) red and white & blue piping icing
- Wax paper
Directions for Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
The first step is to wash your strawberries. You want them washed and entirely dry before dipping or they will cause the chocolate to seize and it will be a mess.
Because we had multiple things going, I decided to melt the chocolate in the microwave instead of a double boiler. I figured this would not only lessen the heat in the house, but it would also be a lot safer since I have an energetic toddler eager to help!
To melt chocolates, I normally use my defrost button and put my microwave on the lowest power level setting it has for 30 seconds. After 20 seconds, stir it and continue heating until it is all melted.
Just a warning: the chocolate you just melted is going to be very hot. Since I didn’t want my toddler to burn herself, I dipped the strawberry in the chocolate, let it cool for a little bit and then let her dip it in the sprinkles.
Dip the strawberries one by one in the melted white or milk chocolate then dip in sprinkles if desired or save some for red white and blue icing once the dipped coat has set just a little.
Set aside any dipped strawberries on wax paper and let cool completely.
Keep in the fridge until ready to serve.
Make Red White & Blue Striped Strawberry Effect
If you are going for the striped look, try to dip the strawberry 2/3 of the way into the white chocolate, making sure there is enough red of the strawberry to be seen.
Then dip the bottom portion of the white chocolate into blue sprinkles or cover with blue icing.
Our Experience Making 4th of July Strawberries
Because we dipped so many strawberries, we talked about color, fruits when she watched me dip the strawberries, other sweet treats beside chocolates when we coated the strawberries, and other things that sparkled besides the blue sprinkles.
These are so easy and fun to make. Plus, you can decorate them any way you’d like!
MORE 4th OF JULY FUN & FOOD FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
- Let’s make 4th of July cupcakes!
- These 4th of July sugar cookies bars are so festive.
- You won’t want to miss any of these red white and blue desserts!
- Print off these before dinner 4th of July coloring pages to entertain.
- Make a patriotic windsock craft that will look great at your celebration.
- Oh so many fun patriotic crafts and activities for kids.
- More fun red white and blue food perfect for your fourth of July backyard party.
- Transform regular Oreos into patriotic Oreo cookies!
How did your 4th of July strawberries turn out?