This is a really fun kid-made gift that the entire family can get into making. It is a good gift for people that are hard to buy for…or craft for! In our family, dad is one of those people so we are making this memory jar snow globe for a Father’s Day gift for dear dad.
Snow Globe Style Memory Jar Craft
We made a Fathers Day Memory Jar, aka snow globe, to celebrate a year of wonderful adventures and experiences with Daddy! This craft is very simple and you can customize it for the event, holiday, recipient and collection of memories.
Related: More crafts for Fathers Day
Kids can get as involved as they want to be in the planning, picture selection, crafting and wrapping of this present depending on their age, interest and skill set.
This article contains affiliate links.
DIY Memory Jar
- a clear or glass jar with sealing lid (mason jar, recycled pickle jar, olive jar, many jars will do)
- distilled water
- 2×3 photos (2 each)
- business card sized laminating pouches
- a laminator (or take your images to a local print shop to laminate)
- a sealer for the jar (can simply be glue)
Directions to Make a Snow Globe Memory Jar
Fill jar nearly with distilled water, add a pinch of glitter & glycerin, which helps glitter float.
Shake up the jar to test the results.
Print 2×3 images of some of your favorite photos throughout the past year.
Use 2 2×3 photos back to back & tuck them inside a business card sized pouch & laminate.
Add images to the glitter, glycerin, water mix. We added images together, taking time to look at and reflect upon each photo before dropping them into the jar. Then we shook the jar and placed it down to watch the memories float around the jar.
I sealed the jar tightly with glue. There wasn’t much water seeping out but enough if we placed it upside down, I’d be worried of an impending flood.
More Fun Kid Made Gifts from Kids Activities Blog
- Creating a Scrapbook with Your Kids – Let kids make their own scrapbooks of special memories.
- Memory Jars – When treasures are displayed in a jar, they remind us of people, places and times we spent together.
- We all have some of the false memories from childhood! Check them out!
- Father’s Day Keepsake Book – Make a lasting gift for Dad ¦a book that captures your kids ™ thoughts of him?
- Check out these homemade mother’s day gifts your children can make!
- Check out these 30 fun things to do with dad!