Apple Is Offering AirPods for Free with Many of Their Educational Discounts
Free Airpods with a purchase I was going to make anyway? Oh, and it is with Apple’s educational pricing…
No matter what the school year looks like for you next year, you may be shopping for new computers and tablets and Apple has some fun discounts and incentives that you can take advantage of right now.
Great news for those headed to college or back to the classroom. Great news for those currently schooling at home.
Apple Education Pricing
In the past, Apple’s educational pricing was extended to students over the age of 16 with a current student ID. The discounts range in value and average around 10%.
Related: Teacher Appreciation Week <–everything you need
And then there are some special back to school deals that Apple has that are pretty exciting…
When you visit the Apple Education Back to School Storefront, you will find this cool deal:
Yay! This is really good news for those of us with kids going back to college this year. Airpods are a necessity! And they are easily lost and stolen…I know this from experience.
The list of qualifying Mac and iPad models is pretty long. Here are a few we found that are included with the GET AIRPOD education pricing:
- MacBook Air
- MacBook Pro
- Mac Pro
- Mac Mini
- iPad Pro
- iPad Air
You can get all the details HERE.
Oh! And there is also discounts available on Apple Care which is also a really good idea…up to 20% off.
Who Qualifies for Apple Educational Discounts?
The good news is that in 2020, Apple has extended their education pricing and student discounts to include all home educators and the today the definition is:
Save on a new Mac or iPad with Apple education pricing.
Available to current and newly accepted college students and their parents, as well as faculty, staff, and homeschool teachers of all grade levels.–Apple Education Store
Apple’s Education pricing is reserved for current and newly accepted college students and their parents, as well as faculty, staff, and homeschool teachers of all grade levels:
- K-12: Any employee of a public or private school in the US including homeschoolers.
- Higher Education: Faculty and staff of colleges and universities in the US, students or students that have been accepted and parents purchasing on behalf of their child who is a student currently attending or accepted into a public or private higher education institution.
What Apple Products Qualify for Educational Pricing?
This pricing includes specials on desktops and laptops, including the iMacs and iMac Pros, the MacBook Air, and the MacBook Pro. It also features deals on the various iPads, including the regular model, and the Air, Mini, and Pro models.
You can buy up to one of the following each year:
- Mac Mini
You can buy up to two of the following each year:
For families needing extra devices, any deal helps out. With multiple kids needing to work on schoolwork simultaneously or Zoom with their classrooms, spare laptops or iPads are often a necessity to keep things running smoothly.
Be sure to reach out to Apple sales to ensure discounts are available on the devices you plan to order.
Apps for Kids
Even when not schooling at home, there are so many awesome educational apps that can help your kids learn and review materials. Adding a few extra devices into your home is a great way to further education during any time.
Check out these FREE Educational Apps for Kids or use this list of 100+ Learning Apps for Kids to find ones for your child’s age group.
MORE EDUCATION RESOURCES FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
- Best education companies that have free offers for kids
- Check out Minecraft education
- Travel the world from your couch with this list of 40+ virtual field trips.
- A dozen moms shared how they are keeping sane with a schedule for school at home.
- Let kids explore this virtual Hogwarts escape room!
- Get kids off technology and back to basics with learning worksheets you can print at home!
- 5 minute crafts are great for a quick break!
- Impress your “students” with fun facts for kids!
- Check out tips for how to homeschool preschool.
Have you taken advantage of Apple Education pricing in the past?