Video calls are now regular occurrences. My oldest uses them for school, and we “visit” with family through Zoom chats on a regular basis. Thanks to Pixar, these video chats are about to become even more fun. That’s because the movie studio released a set of virtual backgrounds from some of their most popular movies.
How to Save The Pixar Backdrops
Step 1. Hop on over to Pixar’s Facebook page here.
Step 2. Pick which backdrops you’d like to use. Current choices include Pixar movie backgrounds from Finding Nemo, Toy Story, Up, Cars, Inside Out, and The Incredibles.
Step 3. Save the photo to your device. To download a pic on a desktop, click ‘options’ in the bottom right corner of the picture, then choose ‘download.’ On a mobile device, go to the upper right of the pic, click the three dots, and then ‘save photo.’
How to Use the Pixar Photos During Video Calls
While every video conferencing site or tool has different settings and functionality, some of them let you choose a ‘virtual backdrop.’ This backdrop essentially changes the background that people see when chatting with you. (It’s also a good way to avoid cleaning up by hiding any mess!)
If you’re using Zoom, for example, use these steps to set up your Pixar virtual background.
Step 1. Once you’ve started your video call, in the bottom left of your screen click the arrow to the right of “stop call.”
Step 2. Select “Choose Virtual Background.”
Step 3. To add your new Pixar background, click the plus sign. Navigate to your picture on your computer or device, select it, and then Zoom will add it to available background options. This way you can have as many animated backgrounds as you’d like! (Or if you’re like my parents, you can post vacation photos in the background and pretend you’re climbing Mount Etna).
Other conferencing and video call sites, like Google Hangouts, often let you set your own personal virtual background as well.
For Best Results, Keep These Factors in Mind
Fair warning: a lot of factors affect how the background will appear to viewers. For the best results — and to make sure you don’t disappear into the background — have your “real” background be green and have adequate lighting.
Because while these Pixar backgrounds are super cool and fun to use? At the end of the day, the viewer wants to see you.
FOR MORE STUCK AT HOME RESOURCES:
- Join one of your kids’ favorite authors or illustrators for online story time!
- Travel the world from your couch with this list of 40+ virtual field trips.
- A dozen moms shared how they are keeping sane with a schedule for school at home.
- Let kids explore this virtual Hogwarts escape room!
- Get kids off technology and back to basics with learning worksheets you can print at home!
- Make being stuck at home fun with our favorite indoor games for kids.
- Print out some Frozen 2 coloring pages.
- My kids are obsessed with these active indoor games.
- 5 minute crafts are saving my bacon right now — so easy!
- Impress your “students” with fun facts for kids!
- Check out these Disney’s Pixar’s Inside Out Activities!