Looking for another easy one-pan dinner for your busy week? This Ham & Cheese Tortellini takes your tortellini dinner to a whole new level! And this dinner takes less than 20 minutes to prepare!
One thing I love about tortellini is that you can pick up several packages and freeze what you don’t use. That way you can grab a package out of the freezer in the morning and make this recipe in the evening.
And did I mention how easy it is!
Here’s the recipe;
Ham & Cheese Tortellini
- 1-2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 White Onion, minced
- 1/2 package Deli Ham, chopped
- Freshly Ground Pepper
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 large package Cheese Tortellini, thawed
- 3/4 cup Chicken Stock
- 1/3 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Shredded Mozzarella & Provolone Cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- Parsley, chopped
- In a large skillet, cook the onions in the olive oil until soft (about 3 minutes)
- Add the ham and cook until crispy (about 5 minutes) – season with black pepper
- Add the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds
- Add the tortellini and combine with the mixture
- Pour in the chicken stock, cover and simmer for 6 minutes on a low temperature
- Add heavy cream, shredded cheese, and parmesan cheese and stir until creamy
- Top with parsley and serve
If you want a veggie dish, you can add peas or broccoli instead of the ham. Either way, it’s extremely creamy and really delicious!