Choosing an essential oil brand can be difficult, especially for first-time users. One of the first things you’ll notice is that some brands charge a lot more for their oils than others. Here’s how to do research of essential oil companies to help you find what is the best choice for you.
The essential oil movement has been growing for a long time, and maybe your group of friends has talked you into trying them yourself. Whatever reason you have, you’re probably excited about using your first essential oil!
This may have you asking the question, why is there such a big difference in the prices from one essential oil business to the next? The answer is simple, good quality oils will cost more than low-quality ones but not all high-priced oils will be of good quality. Not all essential oil distilleries put the same effort into their oils.
Therefore, paying a high price for the oil does not guarantee that you’re dealing with good essential oils companies. So which brands offer the best essential oil products? In order to answer that question, you need to know what to look for in a brand. Take a look at this reference guide to figure out what’s the best option for you.
CHOOSING AN ESSENTIAL OIL BRAND
- They only sell pure essential oils. Pure oils are not altered or changed in any way during the growing or production process. For example, no pesticides or any other chemicals were used to protect or enhance the plants during the growing process. In addition, proper guidelines were followed during the extraction of the oil and no byproducts were added during the production process.
- The brand guarantees its products to be high-quality oils. To offer this type of guarantee, they must either produce their own farms and have control of the entire process during production or have some type of assurance that the companies they deal with are trustworthy and use proper procedures when growing the plants and producing the oils, as well as having their own testing equipment to test the composition of essential oils. In addition to only selling pure, high-quality oils, the brand will follow the best practices to ensure the oil is stored properly to preserve its therapeutic grade quality. They may even offer a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee so you can return it for a full refund if you’re not happy.
- The brand will have a good reputation. You can learn a lot by reading customer reviews and finding out how long the brand has been in business. If they have a good reputation for providing quality products, then you can usually trust that it’s a good brand. The company will also have a reputation of providing good customer service by ensuring all customer questions and concerns are addressed in a fast, friendly and professional manner.
- Quality matters when buying essential oils. These oils are inhaled or absorbed into the body, so you want to make sure the ones you use are high-quality, pure oils. It’s the only way to ensure you’re receiving the full benefits from the oils you’re using and they’re safer to use because they are all-natural. When chemicals and other byproducts are added to the oil, these unnatural elements could have a negative effect on your health, and the risk of having an allergic reaction increases. This is why you want a full-disclosure company that will be completely clear about their processes, equipment, and products.
- You also want to choose a company that offers a wide variety of products, from essential oils to diffusers for aromatherapy and everything in the middle. It’s best to use products from one single brand to make sure you keep a consistent quality, especially if you’ll do regular purchases.
Personally, we used Young Living products. Young Living essential oils use therapeutic grade ingredients, as they harvest and distill their products themselves. Young Living uses cold pressing, a traditional method of oil extraction from plants, and that means they are of higher quality than oils produced by heat or chemical extraction. Everything is done on their own Young Living farms, they are such good quality that you’ll want to have them in your medicine cabinet.
Young Living oils also have an entire line of personal care products infused with the purest essential oils. As an added bonus, you can sign up as a Wholesale member; they have a rewards program you can opt into to start earning money back from purchasing your oils.
As a side note: It’s important to remember that essential oils should not replace medical treatment and if you have any medical condition, it is best to get professional medical advice before using essential oils. On the other hand, essential oils are there to support your immune system and day-to-day living and are not a miracle solution.
Now that you know how to choose your favorite new essential oils company, it’s time to try some essential oils! For beginners, we recommend purchasing these oils as they offer a wide variety of benefits and uses for you, your family, and your home.
- Lavender oil for its soothing properties that promote a better sleep
- Tea tree oil for its antimicrobial properties, you can use it to create facial products like face wash
- Peppermint oil has a great smell, use it in a diffuser to get a fresh scent at home
- Stress Away is ideal for stress relief and enhancing a positive mood
- Citrus oils such as lemon oil, lime oil, and orange oil are all perfect for making homemade cleaning products.
Useful things you can do with essential oils:
- Make your own DIY carpet cleaner powder that can be a life saver if you have furry friends.
- This DIY pillow spray will make you sleep just like a baby.
- Make your own candle melts! Here we’ll show you how to make wax at home.
- Make a natural chest rub for toddlers with essential oils to improve their sleep.
- You can make a homemade perfume for kids with easy ingredients too!
- Make tinted lip gloss DIY to add to your homemade makeup collection.
Which essential oil brand will you choose now that you know this information?