We had a girls dress-up tea party at our house this week and they had so much fun dressing up!Â We needed the perfect accessory, edible bracelets!Â I was inspired to make these adorable jellybean bracelets after reading the tutorial by Mrs D Lightful, love her blog!Â She used stretchy string to thread her bracelets but we just used plain string, the kids absolutely loved them!
Supplies needed to make the Jellybean Bracelets:
- Thicker needle (I used a basting needle from quilting.Â Loved it’s “T” head, it made threading so much easier!).
- Thin Regular sewing needle
- Thread – I used four strands for strength
How to make these party favors:
Using the thicker needle, poke a hole through, then thread the thinner needle through the hole.Â We had a little bowl of water and a rag to rinse our needles off as we worked.Â They would get gummed up from the sugary sweetness.Â The kids loved their bracelets!
Learning Opportunities with the jellybean bracelets:
- Color recognition – maybe make a shade scale.Â Which is the darkest red, the brightest red, the palest pink?
- Pattern Recognition and creation as you pick and predict what color should come next.
- Taste test:Â Which is the sweetest flavor?Â The saltiest one?Â The most sour?
- Take a sweet jelly bean, which part of your tongue can you taste it the best?
For other party ideas check out these posts: