Can I just say how much I love cooking dinners in the slow cooker? It’s quick to put everything in the crock pot in the morning, and in the evening you have a delicious dinner that took very little work to prepare. Not to mention the delicious smells that greet you every time you walk through the kitchen!
Try this recipe for Crock Pot Shredded Beef Tacos as a different alternative to traditional tacos. This super-tender dish would be perfect for your Cinco de Mayo dinner!
INGREDIENTS FOR CROCK POT SHREDDED BEEF TACOS:
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. coriander
- 2lb. Top Round Roast
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 8oz can tomato sauce
- 1/2 chipotle chile pepper in adobo sauce, seeded & finely chopped (found in the Mexican food aisle & comes in a can)
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
HOW TO MAKE CROCK POT SHREDDED BEEF TACOS:
- Combine salt, chili powder, cumin & coriander; rub the spices all over the roast. Warm olive oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Sear meat on all sides, about 5 minutes total.
- Put meat in crock pot. Mix tomato sauce, chipotle pepper & garlic. Pour over meat.
- Cover & cook on low for about 6 hours, or until fork-tender. Shred meat with two forks & combine with enough sauce to moisten.
- Serve on tortillas with lots of garnish choices: shredded lettuce, diced tomato