We love these 15 Creative Road Trip Activities to get our family vacations and loooong drives off to a great start with kids! Road trips are so hard for most kids, so you’ll want to stick around and discover a few helpful ideas and activities to make road trips with kids a whole lot easier.
Here’s several more Road Trip Activities you’ll want to memorize before your next family road trip
15 Creative Road Trip Activities + Ideas
Quiet Road Trip Ideas
- Read aloud with your kids – here’s 10 Great Book Series for Middle Grade and High School – via As We Walk Along the Road
- Younger readers will enjoy these 12 Chapter Book Series for Young Readers – via Childhood 101.
- Take a picture in front of each US state sign. Here’s How to Visit All 50 States in 12 Trips – via Travel 50 States with Kids
- Keep bored minds busy with this FREE printable Road Trip Scavenger Hunt – via Kristen Duke
- Keep track of passing license plates with this America the Beautiful printable US map. Bonus! The kids will learn the location of states too – via Lulu the Baker
- Record your road trip and vacation memories using these Creative Journal Ideas for Kids – via What Do We Do All Day?
Fun Car Games and Busy Activities for Kids
- Keep little hands busy with these 10 Easy Busy Bags made from pencil pouches – via Powerful Mothering
- My boys will love marking off all the trucks they see along the rode with this Truckspotting printable – via National Post
- Learn how one mom survived a 15 hour road trip with kids with a Road Trip Mystery Survival Kit – via Teal and Lime
- Keep kids mesmerized for hours with a Calming Find It Game–it’s like “Eye Spy” in a bottle! – via Lady Behind the Curtain
- I love that this Dry Erase Road Trip Games + A Kids Travel Kit is reusable! – via Simply Designing with Ashley
Road Trip Hacks to Make Travel Easier with Kids
- Here’s 17 Incredible Family Travel, Hotel, and Road Trip Hacks that you’ll definitely want to know – via Krazy Coupon Lady
- We like these Road Trip Snack Boxes that help make road trip snacking a little healthier – via I Should Be Mopping the Floor
- We love these 18 Road Trip Snacks for Vacay Munching…there’s even some healthy options! – via Brit + Co
- Here’s 8 Great Free Road Trip Apps to make planning your next road trip more manageable and fun! – via KOA