Fun Five Minute Crafts for Kids
5 minute crafts for kids is an extensive collection of easy kids crafts (that the whole family will enjoy). Set a timer and get crafting!
100+ Super Quick, No Set Up Required, Easy Crafts for Kids
Do you have 5 minutes? Then you can do a five minute craft!
Creating and building is one of our favorite ways to keep kids busy and engaged, so it’s no surprise that we love 5 minute crafts.
From paper folding to painting and coloring, there’s nothing quite like making art and crafting together as a family. To help get you started, we’ve put together the best activities and crafts that your kids can do in 5 minutes. Kids (and parents!) will enjoy these simple and fun projects.
5 Minute Crafts for Kids that are Easy!
Free play is important to childhood development because it allows children to explore, observe, and imitate the world around them. Art is an amazing outlet for free play because children can manipulate different materials in different ways.
But where do you begin? Start by making art accessible to your kids with 5 minute crafts. Simple projects provide a structured way for children to explore art and enhance connections in their brains to learn.
Have you ever started at a blank piece of paper and felt overwhelmed because you weren’t sure how to begin? Sometimes, a small nudge can help get our creative juices flowing. That’s why we encourage families to spend time together making something that takes five minutes or less and doesn’t cause a huge mess. Less stress for parents = more fun for kids.
What skills will my child be practicing through 5 minute crafts?
- Crafts for kids develop fine motor skills. Grasping pencils, crayons, chalk, and paintbrushes helps children develop their fine motor muscles. This is important for learning to write letters, tying their shoes, and other controlled movements.
- Art fosters cognitive development. Children learn to create patterns, identify cause and effect, and practice critical thinking by bringing their craft projects to life.
- Math skills are an integral part of crafting. Concepts like size, shape, making comparisons, counting and spatial reasoning are all math skills that kids can develop through arts and crafts.
What materials will I need to make fun kids crafts?
We recommend having a few staple supplies on hand to make your time spent crafting easier which are include our affiliate links:
- Colored construction paper
- Washable paint
- Washable markers
- Safety scissors
- Pipe cleaners
- Craft sticks
- Googly eyes
Crafts for Kids with Supplies You Probably Already Have at Home
That’s totally our thing! We encourage families to craft with what they have in their drawers and cabinets whenever possible. Get started on this super simple pipe cleaner craft or these 20 coffee filter crafts. Got foam cups? Make your own farm set.
Are there quick, 5 minute crafts for kids that are also educational?
Absolutely! Check out ALL of our crafts that teach letters, like our “C is for Caterpillar” project or letter j crafts.
Is there anything I can just print out in less than 5 min?
YUP. Click and print this flowers craft. You’ll love it.
Have anything for play pretend?
Play pretend is perfect when you have the kids all day at home. Check out these fun paper plate masks and this fairy wand.
5 Min Projects for Kids
There are so many fun and easy 5 minute projects for kids…we don’t have to over complicate having fun! From a super quick craft project like an easy pipe cleaner snake, fairy wand, or paper flower from our free flower template, kids of all ages will have some crafty fun without a lot of hassle and set up.
Five Minute Crafts for Holidays
Here are some of our favorite 5 min crafts for the holidays:
- Christmas: Make a hand print Christmas tree
- Valentines Day: Fold an origami heart
- St. Patricks Day: Create Leprechauns with our leprechaun template
- Easter: Make a bunny craft out of a toilet paper roll!
- 4th of July: Make a flag
- Halloween: Make Halloween spiders from bottle caps
- Thanksgiving: Learn how to draw a turkey
Fun Kids Crafts with Common Craft Supplies
To make 5 Minute crafts successful, you really need to use what you already have on hand. Here are some common craft supplies you might have laying around that can be easily used for your next quick craft idea:
- Popsicle stick crafts
- Perler bead ideas
- Paper plate crafts
- Tissue paper crafts
- Construction paper crafts for kids
- Toilet paper roll crafts
- Rubber bands
Easy Crafts for Kids Under 5
We have hundreds of ideas for crafts that are great for kids under the age of 5 years old, here are some of my favorites:
- Make a paper plate snail
- Make an owl from our printable owl template
- Make a cute panda craft
- Craft a paper plate dog
Keep scrolling for 100s more five minute crafts ideas….
End of content
End of content