The holidays bring out the kid in all of us, which is what makes this time of year so much fun! Nothing accomplishes that better than baking holiday treats for kids, and making these 5 Fun Holiday Desserts for Kids!
Sweet Holiday Desserts your kids will love
Get giddy and creative this holiday season. Make these fun food crafts and fill the day with giggles and sweetness!
This article contains affiliate links.
1. Reindeer Rice Krispie Holiday Dessert for Kids
Have some fun while making these cute reindeer Rice Krispies!
Ingredients Needed To Make Reindeer Rice Krispie Holiday Dessert:
- Box of Rice Krispies Cereal (Follow recipe for Rice Krispies Treats on box)
- Butter (check Rice Krispies box for amount in recipe)
- Candy Eyeballs
- Red M&Ms
- Black Decorative Icing
- Popsicle sticks
How To Make Reindeer Rice Krispie Holiday Dessert for Kids:
- First, follow the instructions on the cereal box, to make the Rice Krispies treats.
- Cut the treats into rectangles.
- Stick the popsicle stick into one end of the Rice Krispies treat.
- Using the decorative icing as glue, place the candy eyeballs as the eyes, and the red M&M as the nose.
- Draw on antlers with the icing.
2. Christmas Tree Brownies
Christmas trees can be sweet, like these brownies!
Ingredients Needed To Make Christmas Tree Brownies:
How To Make Christmas Tree Brownies:
- Follow the instructions for making the brownies,
- Let cool, and cut into triangles, for form little trees.
- Next, using the green decorative icing, create a garland on the “tree”.
- Add sprinkles to the icing.
3. Reindeer Chow Holiday Dessert Idea
Your kids will love chow time, especially with reindeers. Make this yummy trail mix this holiday!
Ingredients Needed To Make Reindeer Chow Holiday Dessert:
- 2 cups Mini Pretzels
- 3 cups Rice Chex Cereal
- 1 cup Milk Chocolate Chips
- 3 cups Corn Chex Cereal
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter
- 3 Tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 bag Red and Green M&M’s
- 2 cups Whoppers
How To Make Reindeer Chow Holiday Dessert:
- Start by combining the cereal in a large bowl, and then and set aside.
- Melt the chocolate chips and peanut butter together, in a pan, until smooth.
- Pour mixture over cereal and mix.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the powdered sugar and cocoa powder.
- Put the powdered sugar mixture into a large plastic bag. Then, add cereal mixture, and shake.
- Pour onto a cookie sheet to let cool.
- Pour into a bowl. Next, add the marshmallows, Whoppers, pretzels, and M&Ms.
4. Chocolate-Dipped Pretzels
I love the sweet-salty taste of pretzels dipped in chocolate!
Ingredients Needed To Make Chocolate-Dipped Pretzels:
How To Make Chocolate-Dipped Pretzels:
- Place parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- Heat the chocolate in the microwave for 1 minute. It it’s not melted, put back in for 15-second intervals.
- Next, start dipping the pretzels, immediately, before chocolate starts to harden. Set the coated rods on the cookie sheet.
- Then, top with sprinkles, or other candy toppings of your choosing.
- Place the pretzel rods in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes to allow the chocolate to harden completely.
5. Rudolph Musketeers Holiday Dessert
Look at those cute Rudolphs. They’re waiting for you to make them!
Ingredients Needed To Make Rudolph Musketeers Holiday Dessert:
How To Make Rudolph Musketeers Holiday Dessert:
- First, using the black decorative icing, flip the musketeers over, and add icing to the back.
- Immediately set the candy canes in the back to act as ears for the reindeer.
- Then, use the icing again to set eyes and a nose on the flip side.
- Allow for the icing to harden, and then serve.
Holiday Gift Ideas
- Here’s our list of The Best Holiday Gifts for the Foodie in Your Life!
- Another fun gift is this Honey/Syrup Dispenser from Orvis!
- 5 Dinners 1 Hour is a meal prep system that not only helps you plan out your meals, with the recipes — but it also gives you a shopping list for what you will need.
More Holiday Fun
- Christmas Preschool Craft with Play Dough Gingerbread Men
- Christmas Tree Waffles
- Kid-Made Christmas Wreath
- Ugly Christmas Sweater Ornament
- Toys and Christmas Don’t Have to Go Hand-in-Hand
- Handprint Christmas Crafts
- 75+ Christmas Cookie Recipes You Have to Try
- Try making this Jello Poke Cake recipe!
- Don’t miss out on these great red white and blue desserts!
What is your little one’s favorite holiday dessert? Comment below!