The holidays bring out the kid in all of us, which is what makes this time of year so much fun! Nothing accomplishes that better than baking holiday treats for kids, and making these 5 Fun Holiday Desserts for Kids!
Fun Holiday Desserts for Kids
This post contains affiliate links.
Reindeer Rice Krispie Holiday Dessert for Kids
- Box of Rice Krispies Cereal (Follow recipe for Rice Krispies Treats on box)
- Butter (check Rice Krispies box for amount in recipe)
- Candy Eyeballs
- Red M&Ms
- Black Decorative Icing
- Popsicle sticks
- First, follow the instructions on the cereal box, to make the Rice Krispies treats.
- Cut the treats into rectangles.
- Stick the popsicle stick into one end of the Rice Krispies treat.
- Using the decorative icing as glue, place the candy eyeballs as the eyes, and the red M&M as the nose.
- Draw on antlers with the icing.
Christmas Tree Brownies
- Follow the instructions for making the brownies,
- Let cool, and cut into triangles, for form little trees.
- Next, using the green decorative icing, create a garland on the “tree”.
- Add sprinkles to the icing.
Reindeer Chow Holiday Dessert Idea for Kids
- 2 cups Mini Pretzels
- 3 cups Rice Chex Cereal
- 1 cup Milk Chocolate Chips
- 3 cups Corn Chex Cereal
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter
- 3 Tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 bag Red and Green M&M’s
- 2 cups Whoppers
- Start by combining the cereal in a large bowl, and then and set aside.
- Melt the chocolate chips and peanut butter together, in a pan, until smooth.
- Pour mixture over cereal and mix.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the powdered sugar and cocoa powder.
- Put the powdered sugar mixture into a large plastic bag. Then, add cereal mixture, and shake.
- Pour onto a cookie sheet to let cool.
- Pour into a bowl. Next, add the marshmallows, Whoppers, pretzels, and M&Ms.
Chocolate Dipped Pretzels
- Place parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- Heat the chocolate in the microwave for 1 minute. It it’s not melted, put back in for 15-second intervals.
- Next, start dipping the pretzels, immediately, before chocolate starts to harden. Set the coated rods on the cookie sheet.
- Then, top with sprinkles, or other candy toppings of your choosing.
- Place the pretzel rods in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes to allow the chocolate to harden completely.
Rudolph Musketeers Holiday Dessert
- First, using the black decorative icing, flip the musketeers over, and add icing to the back.
- Immediately set the candy canes in the back to act as ears for the reindeer.
- Then, use the icing again to set eyes and a nose on the flip side.
- Allow for the icing to harden, and then serve.
Holiday Gift Ideas
Are you looking for gifts for the foodie in your life? Here’s our list of The Best Holiday Gifts for the Foodie in Your Life!
Another fun gift is this Honey/Syrup Dispenser from Orvis! Pair it with a sweet mug, and some of their favorite tea!
Are you looking for a thoughtful gift for that person who has everything? 5 Dinners 1 Hour is a meal prep system that not only helps you plan out your meals, with the recipes — but it also gives you a shopping list for what you will need. So when Sunday comes around, you can plan out your week and put your meals together in advance.
Some Of Our Favorite Kitchen Products
You know we love a good kitchen gadget! Here are some of our favorites! *Hint, hint: these ideas make wonderful holiday gifts, too!
- Fresh Baby Ice Cube Trays with lids
- Cuisinart Food Processor
- The I Heart Naptime Cookbook by Jamielyn Nye
- Wilton Holiday Cookie Cutters
- Giant Popcorn bowl
- VillaWare Uno Classic Waffle Maker
- Individual Popcorn bowls
- VillaWare Farmyard Waffle Maker
- Taco Holder
- Pizza Peel
- Hand Blender
- Pizza Wheel (cutter)
- Pyrex Baking Dishes
- Pizza Stone
- Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Double Burner Reversible Grill/Griddle
- Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Stainless 5-1/2-Quart Saute Pan with Helper Handle and Cover
- BPA free lunch containers
- Egg Rite Egg Timer
- Fit and Fresh container
- One Touch Electric Bottle Opener
- Half Pint Wide Mouth Mason Jars
- Ninja Professional Blender
- Zoku Quick Pop Maker
- Plano Half-Size Stowaway with Adjustable Dividers – for road trip snacks
- Curious Chef 3-Piece Nylon Knife Set
- Cuisinart 2 Quart Ice Cream Maker
- Victorinox Fibrox Straight Edge Chef’s Knife, 8-Inch
- Lemon Squeezer
- Mason Jars
- Apple Corer
- Popcorn Bowl
- MaxiMatic double burner hot plate
- Glass Egg carton
- Black & Decker 4 slice toaster
- Hamilton Beach Hand Mixer
- Cuisinart 8-cup Food Processor
- Meat Mallet
- Ice Cream or Cookie Scooper
- Norpro Butter Keeper
- 3-Piece Veggie Peeler
- Garlic Press
More Holiday Fun!
- Christmas Preschool Craft with Play Dough Gingerbread Men
- Christmas Tree Waffles
- Kid-Made Christmas Wreath
- Ugly Christmas Sweater Ornament
- Toys and Christmas Don’t Have to Go Hand-in-Hand
- Handprint Christmas Crafts
- 75+ Christmas Cookie Recipes You Have to Try
What is your little one’s favorite holiday dessert? Comment below!