Teriyaki Quesadillas are a fun twist on a cheesy favorite! If you like this recipe, check out this subscription meal plan service, and if you sign up, use the code KAB20 for 20% off your entire order!
Ingredients for Teriyaki Quesadillas
- 1 clove – garlic
- 1/4 cup – soy sauce, low sodium
- 2 tablespoon – water
- 1 teaspoon – sesame oil
- 1/8 cup – brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon – cornstarch
- 2 cup – broccoli, florets
- 1 – cooking spray
- 1/2 pound – chicken breast
- 4 medium – tortilla, whole wheat
- 1/2 cup – cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions for Teriyaki Quesadillas
- Mince garlic and add to a small bowl. Add soy sauce, water, sesame oil, brown sugar (2 tablespoons of honey may be substituted here) and cornstarch; whisk together and set aside.
- Bring a medium pot of water to boil and add the broccoli. Boil for 5 minutes, then blanch by immediately transferring to an ice bath (a large bowl of water with ice in it to stop the cooking process.) Set aside.
- Spray a medium, non-stick skillet with cooking spray; add chicken and heat over medium-high. Brown on both sides, cooking until no longer pink in the center; chop or shred as desired.
- Drain broccoli and add to the skillet with the chicken; turn heat down to medium-low. Gently pour in the garlic mixture and heat about 5 minutes until thickened. Toss together until everything is coated well and heated through, then remove from heat. (If mixture seems to thick or sticky, add 1-2 tablespoons of water for a thinner consistency).
- Heat a separate sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Place 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture on one side of a tortilla. Sprinkle cheese on top of the chicken, then fold the tortilla in half to cover the chicken and cheese.
- Cook quesadilla on both sides until cheese is melted and tortilla is slightly browned. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Cut each quesadilla into triangles.
Serving size: 1 assembled and toasted quesadilla
Cook time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Calories 406 kcal
Protein 20 g
Carb 53 g
Fiber 3 g
Sugar 17 g
We love this meal from this subscription meal plan service, and if you sign up, use the code KAB20 for 20% off your entire order.