If you are on vacation, you know how important it is to be able to have portable meals. Have no fear, we have you covered with these 5 easy and delicious on-the-go food recipes!
easy and delicious on-the-go food recipes
You’ll never know who is going to show up on your vacation. So better be ready with these easy and yummy on-the-go recipes!
This post contains affiliate links.
1. Traditional Runzas Recipe
These Traditional Runzas are the perfect on-the-go food. Make this ahead of time and take it with you on your campout, hike, or day at the beach.
Ingredients Needed To Make Traditional Runzas Bread Dough Recipe:
- 1 1/4 cup of milk
- 2 T of butter
- 2 T of sugar
- 1 t of salt
- 3 cups of flour
- 2 1/2 t active dry yeast
Ingredients Needed To Make Traditional Runzas Filling Recipe:
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/2 head of cabbage shredded
How To Make Traditional Runzas Recipe:
- Follow instructions to prepare the bread in a bread machine.
- Brown the beef and add the onion soup mix for about 5 minutes.
- Roll the dough out thin, add the filling and then sprinkle on the shredded cabbage.
- Fold the sides in and make a little package.
- On a greased baking sheet, bake them at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Serve with ketchup.
2. Portable Frito Pie Recipe
Finally, a Frito pie that is yummy, portable, and mess-free! Curious how to make this? Here’s a closer look at the recipe!
Ingredients Needed To Make Portable Frito Pie Recipe:
- Ground beef seasoned with premade taco seasoning or homemade Taco Seasoning
- pinto beans
- toppings: tomatoes, lettuce, salsa, guacamole, shredded cheese, tomatillo sauce
How To Make Portable Frito Pie Recipe:
- Get a serving-size bag of Fritos and put all the ingredients in it.
- Eat and enjoy!
3. Caprese Salad Skewers Recipe
Take a break from BBQs and other meat dishes. Make this super easy and healthy Caprese salad skewers instead! It’s tasty and refreshing!
Ingredients Needed To Make Caprese Salad Skewers Recipe:
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh Mozzarella cheese balls packaged in water
- Fresh Basil
- Balsamic Glaze
How To Make Caprese Salad Skewers Recipe:
- Put the following in order on a skewer: Mozarella cheese balls, fresh basil leaf, cherry tomatoes. Repeat until all your ingredients are used up.
- Drizzle with balsamic sauce, serve, and enjoy!
4. Campfire Cones Recipe
Bring in the camping feeling in your home by making this super easy campfire cones recipe. Have fun!
Ingredients Needed To Make Campfire Cones Recipe:
- Chopped Fruit, strawberries & bananas
- Semi-dark Chocolate Chips
- Waffle Ice-Cream Cone
- Tin Foil
How To Make Campfire Cones Recipe:
- Wrap all the ingredients together in foil and put in the oven or on the grill fro about 5 minutes.
- Let it cool down a bit, serve and enjoy!
5. Flavored Water Recipe
Flavored Water is perfect for summer! It gives you a refreshing take on water and keeps you hydrated at the same time. And when you use water bottles, you can take them with you.
Ingredients Needed To Make Flavored Water Recipe:
- Water bottles
- Blueberries & Lemon
- Watermelon & Mint
- Citrus Trio – Lime, Lemon & Orange
How To Make Flavored Water Recipe:
- Add fruit to water bottles for flavor.
- These can also be frozen ahead in the freezer.
more easy and quick snack recipes to enjoy!
- 25 Kid-Friendly Super Bowl Snacks
- 5 Delicious Popcorn Recipes for Movie Night Fun
- 20 Festive and Easy Hot Chocolate Recipes
- Easy No Bake Breakfast Balls Recipe Great for a Quick Healthy Meal
- 18 Easy and Healthy Snacks Toddlers Will Love!
So which of these easy and tasty on-the-go recipes are you going to try out today? Let us know how it goes!