Disclosure: This post is sponsored by The Original Brand Popsicle ®
In our home, we have all sorts of things to show our love for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and now that the movie officially releases today in theaters, now is the perfect time to add a few more things to our collection. Today we are partnering with Popsicle to share new Popsicle Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles variety but to also share fun and easy Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Stick Puppets you can do once you eat your Popsicle. It’s about to get yummy and fun!
What You Need to Make Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Stick Puppets:
- Popsicle Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (save those Popsicle sticks)
- Green Acrylic Paint
- Foam Craft Brush
- Blue, Orange, Red, and Purple Construction Paper (you can also use felt)
- Small Googly Eyes
- Clear Drying Tacky Glue
- Black Sharpie Marker
How to Make Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Stick Puppets:
- Open your box of Popsicles and enjoy them. Of course, with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles variety, you get to choose from the bold colors of your favorite ninjas. My boys each chose different colors! But when you are done don’t throw the sticks away!
- Clean the Popsicle sticks off with warm water and soap. Then lay them on a paper towel to air dry.
- Once the sticks are dry, paint them with the green acrylic paint using the foam brushes. You may need to apply a few coats to cover the color of the Popsicle.
- Allow the paint to full dry then cut small pieces off of your construction paper. You can cut the first one and then use that as a template to make each one match in thickness and size.
- Glue one color of each piece onto a painted Popsicle stick. Apply glue to the front and then wrap the paper around and glue it to the back.
- Glue 2 small googly eyes onto the front of the colored construction paper.
- Use a black sharpie to draw on mouths.
- Your Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are now ready to face the world!
Be Totally Tubular This Summer!
In case you haven’t heard, the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie is releasing in theaters everywhere June 3rd (today) and in celebration you can make this fun craft but also enjoy the Popsicle ® Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtlesâ„¢ variety which is complete with Michelangeloâ„¢, Donatelloâ„¢, Raphaelâ„¢ and Leonardoâ„¢, includes four action-packed flavors: Orange Fury, Cherry Crush, Blue Raspberry Blast and Smashing Grape.
These Popsicles are sure to make any summer more fun and tubular (whatever that really means). My boys loved eating them while practicing their ninja moves. Can you tell they are the ultimate multi-taskers?
Popsicle has been bringing the fun since 1905, the Original Brand Popsicle ® is America's favorite ice pop, loved by kids and parents alike and is the original summertime treat. With their icy-cool refreshing taste, bold flavors and fun shapes, Popsicle ® pops come in the iconic yellow box and are available in more than 20 unique flavors including the childhood favorites Orange, Cherry and Grape!
These are sure to make your summer cool and fun!
So what are you waiting for? Pick up a box of Popsicle brand pops at your local grocery store. You can also visit the Popsicle website and follow them socially on Facebook and Twitter to learn more about their delicious treats!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Popsicle. The opinions and text are all mine.