My kids love their piggy banks. Today we have a big list of homemade piggy banks that are sure to please kids of all ages. I love how a piggy bank is a tangible way kids can see money and when kids help make the coin banks, it brings more attention to the important skill.
Piggy Bank Saving for Kids
Piggy banks allow kids to see how just adding a few coins each day will really add up to saving. Once the piggy bank is filled, we head to the bank to add the money to their savings account which is always an exciting day.
This article contains affiliate links.
DIY Piggy Banks
Who doesn’t remember having a piggy bank. I went through so many as a kid from actual piggy banks, crayon banks, truck banks, and more. But I never made my own.
My kids loved making their own banks and making a piggy bank is a fun craft to do as a family. So, to spread the fun we put together a bunch of super cool ways to make piggy banks for kids.
Piggy Banks Kids Can Make
1. Batman Piggy Bank
This is so fun for superhero fans! They can make their own Mason Jar Superhero Banks. You can make a Batman or Superman piggy bank. via Fireflies and Mud Pies
2. DIY Piggy Bank Ideas
If you have an empty formula can, you can make this Formula Can Piggy Bank. via It Happens in a Blink
3. Ice Cream Piggy Bank
This is my kind of piggy bank! This is an Ice Cream Piggy Bank, perfect for saving up for an icy treats. via Yesterday on Tuesday
4. Large Piggy Bank
This huge bank looks like a pencil and can hold a ton of change! Can you fill up this Giant Mail Tube Piggy Bank? via Damask Love
5. Duct Tape Piggy Bank
I love that this has three sections: to spend, to save, and to give. Plus, this Totem Pole Banks from Cans and Duct Tape is super cute. via Mer Mag Blog
6. DIY Money Box
Add a photo of what you are saving for in this shadow box. This DIY Shadow Box Bank is perfect if you are saving for something big. via A Mom’s Take
7. Homemade Piggy Bank
How cute is this Piggy Bank from a Wipes Container. It is one of the easiest ways to make a bank. Plus, it is perfect for smaller children who don’t have the best fine motor skills yet. via Sunny Day Family
8. Pink Glitter Piggy Bank
I love this Pink Glitter Piggy Bank Spice up a boring piggy bank easily! You can use for favorite color sparkles and even mix and match the colors! via Greta’s Day
9. Dinosaur Piggy Bank
Who doesn’t love Dinosaurs? If your child is a Dino fan then they will love this Paper Mache Piggy Bank Dinos. Use paper mache to make a pink pig bank way cooler. via Red Ted Art
10. Mason Jar Piggy Bank
Cha-Ching Mason Jar Piggy Bank – This bright and fun jar turned piggy bank is so cute. via Dukes and Duchesses
11. Money Bank Box
Going green is the best! Here are three fun ways to recycle a cereal box into a DIY Cereal Box Piggy Bank. via Kix Cereal
12. Piggy Bank Craft
Make your own piggy bank with a Mayo jar. The best part is this Mayo Jar Hamm Piggy Bank is not only another great recycle project, but the same piggy bank as the one from Toy Story! via Disney Family(link unavailable)
13. Piggy bank Made Of Plastic Bottle
Recycle plastic bottles by making this Soda Bottle Piggy Bank. This adorable piggy bank is fun to make and looks so cute. via DIY Projects
14. Turtle Piggy Bank
Use plastic bottles and foam to make this Turtle Piggy Bank. These tiny banks that look like turtles and actually float! via Krokotak
15. Piggy Bank Jar
Wanting an easy DIY piggy bank craft? This Mason Jar Piggy Bank is simple to make and you can decorate it anyway you want or leave it as is. via Your Crafty Family
16. Minion Piggy Bank
Everyone loves Minions! You can make your own Minion Piggy Bank from Water Cooler Bottle. Here’s a fun way to make your own piggy bank. via Pinterest
17. Piggy Bank Craft Ideas
Don’t throw out your Pringles can! Use it to make this Pringles Can Piggy Bank. Personalize it and make it your own. via Jennifer P. Williams
18. Saving Jar
This Disney saving jar is the perfect way to save money for Disneyworld! If you are saving up for a Disney trip, these are perfect! via Poofy Cheeks
19. Plastic Piggy Banks
Get crafting with this DIY Airplane Piggy Bank. This is so cool, you would never know it was made from a plastic bottle. via BrightNest
20. Spend, Save, Give, Bank
These Spend Share Save Piggy Banks are my favorite. This is a really great bank that reminds kids to spend some, save a little, and give. via eHow
Some Of Our Favorite Piggy Banks
Don’t want to make your own DIY Piggy banks? These are some of our favorite piggy banks.
- This classing ceramic piggy bank is not only cute, but also a pink polka dot keepsake. They also have other colors.
- These cute plastic unbreakable piggy banks are cute for boys and girls.
- Check out this piggy digital coin bank. It is a clean money saving jar with an LCD display.
- This classic ceramic cute piggy bank is great for boys, girls, and adults. It’s a great large pig saving coin bank and keepsake. Perfect for a birthday gift.
- How adorable is this plastic shatterproof cute piggy bank in overalls.
- This isn’t a piggy bank, but this electronic real money, coin ATM machine is so cool. This large plastic saving bank safe lock box is super cool.
- Speaking of ATMs… Check out this ATM Toy Savings Bank with Motorized Bill Feeder, Coin Reader, and Balance Calculator. It even has a debit card!
More Fun Money Activities for Kids
- We have 5 ways to make financial literacy activities for elementary students fun. Understanding and teaching fiscal responsibility doesn’t have to be hard and boring.
- It is important that as parents we take time to find ways of helping kids understand money. Not only will this teach them to manage their own money that they are given, but it will help them in future endeavors as well.
- What better way to learn about money than playing with it! This free printable money is a great way to teach how much the value of dollar and cents and even promotes pretend play!
- Learning budgeting tips as a family is a great way to save money in general or for something special!
- Saving money to make life easier? Then try out these other life hacks that can make things just a little bit simpler.
Leave a comment: What DIY piggy bank from this list does your kids plan to make?