This sugar scrub recipe is perfect for the holidays. It is red and green and scented with peppermint! It costs almost nothing to make and serves as a sweet little homemade gift. Using a sugar scrub to to get rid of dead skin cells gets your skin ready for moisturizing. Especially in the winter!
Holiday Sugar Scrub Recipe
You can make a sugar scrub several different ways, but my favorite is with sugar and grapeseed oil. Grapeseed oil is moisturizing and can help strengthen and repair damaged or broken capillaries and blood vessels.
Related: More sugar scrubs to make for Christmas
This post includes affiliate links.
Ingredients for the Holiday Sugar Scrub Recipe
- a glass jar
- 2/3 cup of sugar; halved
- 1 tsp of grapeseed oil; halved
- 10 drops of red food coloring
- 6 drops of green food coloring
- 10 drops of peppermint essential oil
- This is super easy, just add the ingredients into two separate bowls – one for red and one for green.
- Mix the sugar and oil first, then add in the color and lastly the oil.
- Use a funnel (or just scoop it in, depending on how wide the bottle neck is) to layer in the sugar scrub. I grabbed this glass bottle with a festive red lid for $1 at the Target dollar spot. It was such a steal!
The Young Living Peppermint oil is so good and is definitely the best smelling peppermint I’ve ever smelled.
MORE SIMPLE SUGAR SCRUB RECIPES FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
- This cranberry sugar scrub smells just like heaven!
- Our lavender sugar scrub recipe is the perfect cure for sleepless nights.
- We love how much fun this rainbow sugar scrub is to make.
- Looking for some less holiday-themed sugar scrubs, but something that smells just scrumptious? Then you’ll love these simply sweet scrubs.
- Here is how you can use AmLactin for Keratosis Pilaris.
- Sometimes our feet need a little extra love, especially during dry weather or the winter. This sugar cookie diy foot scrub is perfect!
What did you think of the DIY holiday sugar scrub recipe?