With the holidays nearing we all have one thing on our mind: buying holiday gifts. If you have children (especially who are 5 and under) you probably have the idea to get them toys. While toys are a great gift idea, there are definitely a few things you should keep in mind. So today we are partnering with Little Tikes to share 5 Tips for Buying Toys for Children.
5 Tips for Buying Toys for Children
- Purchase products to grow with your child. Every toy has a recommended age listed right on the packaging. The problem is, the majority of toys are for a shortened age range. For example, baby toys are typically made to be used over a 3 – 6 month time period. To me that just seems like a waste. Instead, purchase products that are meant to grow with your child so as they get older, the toy will still be useful and played with.
- Invest in the good stuff. With so many toy manufacturers out there (including many off-brand ones), you want to get the most out of your money. You can do that by purchasing products from brands you know and trust. In the end your child will have a more durable toy and your money will be well spent.
- Consider learning toys. Toys can be fun and informative. These days, there are tons of toys that can help teach your child how to spell, read, solve problems, etc. They truly are a win-win for the children and parents. Often times children don’t even know they are learning as they play which makes it that much more fun.
- Make safety a priority. You have to really keep in mind the safety aspect of toys. Sometimes recommended ages isn’t enough so make sure you do your research to ensure the toy you are buying is perfect for your child and home. Considering your child’s age, maturity level, and even any learning disabilities factor into this too.
- Check toy recalls. This sort of goes along with doing your research and ensuring safety but it is important enough to express on it’s own. Safety recalls can help you pinpoint if that brand or product is a good choice. It can also help prevent accidents later on down the road.
Now that you have some tips to keep in mind when shopping for toys, I want to share with you a riding toy I recently had the opportunity to try out. It’s the Little Tikes Perfect Fit 4-in-1 Trike.
As if the name didn’t say it all, the trike is perfect for 4 different stages of life. From 9 months to 5 years, this trike grows with your child over the years.
The first stage is where the parent pushes and steers. As the child grows, the parent steers while the child pedals (2nd stage). When toddlers learn to pedal on their own, you can remove the safety bar and allow them to steer (3rd stage). The last stage is when the child pedals and steers all by themselves!
I tried this trike out with my youngest son who is 14 months. He isn’t quite able to pedal on his own but he truly enjoys when mommy and daddy push him around in it. I really love this trike not only because my son enjoys it, but because it’s built well, easy to push, and totally cute. I’ve had a few parents already ask me where I got it because they wanted to get one too. Going over bumps is easy and which makes it nice to take on walks.
Additional features include:
- Adjustable, detachable parent push handle lets parent control direction with 1 hand
- 5-point seat belt harness and protective safety bar
- Easy to adjust seat
- Non-slip pedals
- Convenient tray with beverage holder
- Extra large storage bucket
- Adjustable shade canopy
- Weight limit up to 50lbs.
- Available in pink or teal colors.
I can honestly say this will make a great holiday gift and be something your child will love! Interested in learning more? Visit the Little Tikes Website and follow them socially on: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and YouTube. You can purchase it at Toys R Us.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Little Tikes. The opinions and text are all mine.