I hate to admit this but I had never made Monkey Bread before! What?
No really, somehow this very popular recipe had alluded me — until now.
All I can say is that I should never have made this little piece of heaven while home alone! I think I ate the entire thing!
I really do understand now what all the fuss is about.
Here’s what you need to make this dessert:
- 4 cans refrigerated biscuits
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Cut each of the biscuits into quarters
- In a plastic bag, mix the sugar and cinnamon
- Place all of the biscuit quarters into the bag with the sugar/cinnamon mixture. Make sure each piece is completely covered.
- Grease a 12-cup Bundt cake pan with non-stick spray
- Put all of the sugar/cinnamon covered biscuit pieces into the Bundt pan
- Melt the butter and mix in the brown sugar
- Pour the butter mixture over the biscuits in the Bundt pan
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 -45 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes and turn upside down on a separate plate
- Serve warm
This is the hardest part of the recipe. You need to cut up each of these biscuits into quarters. It helps you pull apart the Monkey Bread when its finished.
Make sure you use a big plastic bag. This will give you the room you need to coat the biscuits with the sugar/cinnamon mixture.
When each piece is completely covered, dump it into the Bundt pan. Make sure you have coated the pan with a non-stick spray. It is much easier if you prepare the pan first.
Your Bundt pan will look like this.
Next melt the butter and mix in the brown sugar. Pour the mixture over the Bundt pan until the biscuits are swimming in it.
Put in the oven at 350 degrees for 40 – 45 minutes or until golden brown.
After 5 minutes of cooling, you will turn the Monkey Bread upside down and serve on another plate. You can see how gooey and yummy this looks. It’s really good warm so make sure if you are making this for the family or a dinner party, everyone is around it eat it right away!