For my family summer looks a lot like this: play in the water, eat a snack, repeat. With the help of our sponsor Horizon Organic and this super fun and simple kid craft, I found a way to combine our two favorite summer activities. Learn how to create these simple origami paper boats, plus a delicious snack mix to fill them with. Once the kids have emptied their canoes (or if you’re feeling really brave, maybe before) hit the water for hours of fun. Even our backyard wadding pool became a hub of fun with these boats to play and experiment with. To our surprise and delight they were seaworthy, even with a healthy handful of snack mix on board!
How to Make Easy Paper Boats
1. Start with a 6.5″ x 10″ piece of freezer paper. Note: Any paper will work for this but the waxed quality of freezer paper makes it especially seaworthy.
2. With the shiny side up fold it in half lengthwise (like a hot dog) and then unfold.
3. Fold each long edge up until it is in line with the center crease.
4. Take the bottom right corner and fold up to meet the center crease. Repeat with remaining three corners.
5. Fold the outside corner into the center crease again. Repeat on the other three sides to create sharp points at each end of your rectangle.
6. Gently turn your project inside out.
5. Fill with snacks and enjoy!
Cheese Lovers Snack Mix
This snack mix is so easy and so yummy! Anyone, adults and kids alike, who loves cheddar cheese will adore this yummy snack. Simply combine equal parts Horizon Cheddar Snack Crackers and Horizon Cheddar Sandwich Crackers and your favorite cheese flavored popcorn or puffs. Mix and enjoy! Served in a special boat, this snack mix is extra hard to resist! Whether you need fuel for another rousing game of marco polo or the energy to hike home from the creek, new Horizon snacks have got you covered. Visit Horizon on Pinterest loads of great recipes and much more!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Horizon Organic. The opinions and text are all mine.