Have you ever thought decorating your kids’ rooms with cardboard? NO? Well, you should. I was so inspired and overwhelmed by the amazing cardboard furniture for kids made by artists and regular parents, like you and me.
Keep in mind, some of these projects require special tools and extra time. Like lots of time. But some of them you can try making yourself. Tutorials provide free printable patterns for furniture or decor pieces. Good luck!
1. DIY Cardboard Cloud Bookshelf isn’t a five minute project. It’s a piece of art. Maybe one day I will make one, when I have lots of time. via lucasrudley
2. Cardboard Frames are easy to make and is a great way to accessorize the boring walls in your kid’s room. via content.photojojo
3 Chair, stool and a rocker. They look difficult to make but you can use free downloadable patterns. via foldschool
4. Cardboard table on the couch. So many times I needed this. The instructions are in Russian, but the pictures are pretty explanatory. via playandgrow
5. Adorable doll furniture that is also suitable for tea parties. via fortytworoads
6. Throne for little princess. So adorable! via playandgrow
7. “Dress Up” the bed with cardboard. Going to sleep won’t be an issue anymore. via emiliesanschichi
8. DIY cardboard storage. So practical! via playandgrow
9. Kid furniture and storage set. This is genius. A kid furniture, a play item and a storage! Can’t get better than that! via thecardboardcollective
10. DIY cardboard clock looks so modern and very decorative. via pysselbolaget.se
11. Cardboard camper playhouse is a wonderful toy for imaginary play and exciting decoration for kid’s room. via themerrythough
13. Build your own cardboard table and let kids decorate it. via mylittle3andme.co.uk
14. DIY collapsible cardboard playhouse is so practical because when the kids are done playing you can put it away without taking too much space. via sheknows
15. Recycled box playhouse ten. All from cardboard. via inspiredbyfamilymag
16. DIY cardboard play kitchen. Because there isn’t a kid room without a play kitchen. via ideas2live4
17. Cardboard Wall Mounted Mail and note holder. via instructables
18. Make a shelf out of cardboard boxes, because you always need extra storage. Always. via powerfulmothering
If you do decide to make some cardboard furniture for kids or decor item please share with us on our FB wall. Now, go and find that cardboard that has been laying around in your garage for months.
More Kids’ room ideas:
We have some great cardboard box crafts!