Teaching our kids about the world is so important. Today we’ve gathered a list of ways to learn all about different countries and cultures inspired by Kid World Citizen. You can use books, food and fun to begin understanding the world around us. There’s so much to learn!
12 Ways to Teach Your Kids About The World
1. Here are three wonderful ways to explore the world's geography, animals and culture from your living room.
2. Read diverse books about kids around the world, like these great picture books on South Africa.
3. Globalize your snack time with kid-friendly snacks from different countries, like these Maori fry bread treats from New Zealand.
4. Learn about festivals around the world by inviting a few friends over and having a global party.
5. Take a brain break from homework by listening to these fabulous dance songs from around the world.
6. Play a world-themed board game to learn more about geography. Here are five great games to begin with.
7. Collect postcards from around the world by enlisting the help of your friends and family.
8. Introduce your family to a foreign film next movie night! Try the award-winning Indian film “Like Stars on Earth.”
9. Learn some new words in another language! These very simple bilingual books will introduce simple words in Spanish for non-native speakers.
10. Break out your art supplies and explore other cultures through art projects you can make at home, like these Panamanian molas.
11. Pen-pals are a great way to make friends in another country and learn firsthand about kids around the world!
12. Here’s how to add a mural of the world to a wall in your home!