More outdoor activity ideas (part 2)
Julie from Roots of Simplicity has created an awesome list of over 60 activities that your kids can do outside. Here is part 2, be sure to check out our first 30 Outdoor Activity Ideas. What are some of the things that your kids love doing outdoors? Leave a comment and I’ll add your idea to our collection!
- Visit a zoo.
- Go on a canoe or paddleboat ride on a nearby lake, pond, or river.
- Get a fishing rod and spend a day fishing. If you don’t have a place to fish nearby, Julia has an interesting fishing game she plays with her kids.
- Collect rocks to create little rock pets
- Pick up a badminton set and play.
- Set up a soccer game and play together.
- Try a game of croquet, lawn darts, etc.
- Throw some Frisbees (or paper plates) around.
- Make your own mini-carnival–with a ball toss, bowling game, etc. and invite your friends or neighbors.
- Set up a stage for an outdoor puppet show.
- Play a board game, dominoes, or chess.
- Do stretching or gymnastics routines.
- Take out several boxes of junk and sort through them.
- Pick some fruit or berries at a local orchard or farm.
- Create sculptures from play dough or clay.
- Have a picnic meal or snack in your yard or a nearby park.
- Take a walk and look inside nearby businesses that you rarely or never visit. If there is a shop selling pets or fish, kids will be thrilled.
- Blow bubbles.
- Enjoy some nice cold popsicles (we have a drip-free Popsicle recipe)
- Stage a sock or food fight.
- Have a sidewalk parade with wagons, bicycles, and strollers. Decorate them and invite others to join you if you wish.
- Have a backyard camp out. Borrow a tent or sleep under the stars if you don’t have your own tent.
- Shop outdoors at a local farmers market.
- Set up a lemonade stand.
- Fill up water containers and “water” the lawn or garden beds. More water gets on the kids than on the plants, but they have fun!
- Walk to the neighborhood grocery store or weekend garage sales.
- Bring out laundry to line dry.
- Pull weeds.
- Take a walk and pick up litter around your block.
- Sit outside and write a letter to someone.
- Wash a car, bicycles, or toys.
- Look up and describe the cloud formations or birds you see.
- Wash your windows.
Thanks Julia for helping keep my kids active and engaged this summer! And thanks Roots of Simplicity for another great guest post.
Smart ideas for some outdoor activities for all. I loved the photo too.
Btw, do you have a follow button for Google connect? I am following back from mom blogger and can’t find yours for this blog spot. I have a blog spot blog too…
.-= ElizOF´s last blog ..Macaron Parlour- PÃ¢tisserie Par Excellence =-.
.-= The Activity Mom´s last blog ..Stepping Stones Together Review & Discount =-.
Great ideas! I don’t know why I always find it difficult to come up with an activity; there is so much they can do!
.-= Unplanned Cooking´s last blog ..Quiz- How much money does it cost to get to the North Pole =-.
Wow, that is some list! Thanks for sharing it.
.-= jenny @ let the children play´s last blog ..i love the way their minds work =-.
Hey Quirky Momma –
It’s been so long! I saw your message to me regarding my Blog Frog issues . Sorry I never got back to you… I’ve been tied up in so many differnt directions the past few weeks, my head is spinning.
This is a great post. I’d love for you to come by Tuesday morning and link it up to my Summer Family Fun Post with LINKY. This is great inspiration for Moms to get outside with their kids.
You can find the info for it, and past articles here:http://www.mommytopics.com/category/summer-family-fun-tuesdays
Rachymommy – MommyTopics.com
.-= MommyTopics.com´s last blog ..Saga of A Hindered But Hopeful Gardener “ Post 4 “ Planting Seeds =-.
I am sure this post has touched all the internet viewers, its
really really good piece of writing on building up new website.
First off I would like to say great blog! I had
a quick question that I’d like to ask if you don’t mind.
I was curious to find out how you center yourself and clear your
thoughts before writing. I have had a difficult
time clearing my thoughts in getting my thoughts out.
I truly do take pleasure in writing however it just seems like the
first 10 to 15 minutes tend to be wasted simply just trying to figure out how to begin.
Any recommendations or tips? Thank you!
I got this web site from my friend who informed me concerning this web site and now this time I am visiting this site and reading very
informative content at this place.
Fantastic goods from you, man. I’ve understand your stuff previous to and you are just extremely fantastic. I actually like what you have acquired here, certainly like what you are stating and the way in which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you still care for to keep it sensible. I can’t wait to
read far more from you. This is actually a tremendous
It’s an amazing piece of writing designed for all the web people; they will take advantage from it I am sure.
Amazing things here. I am very satisfied to see your post.
Thanks a lot and I am looking ahead to touch you. Will you kindly
drop me a mail?
Hey would you mind sharing which blog platform you’re working with? I’m planning to start my own blog in the
near future but I’m having a hard time selecting between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your design seems different then most blogs and I’m looking for
something completely unique. P.S Sorry for getting off-topic but I had to ask!
Hello there! This post couldn’t be written any better! Reading this post reminds me of my good old room mate! He always kept talking about this. I will forward this post to him. Fairly certain he will have a good read. Thanks for sharing!
This excellent website certainly has all of the information and facts I needed about this subject and didn’t know who to ask.