Spend a wonderful day exploring beautiful downtown McKinney while shopping, enjoying art and live entertainment, and delicious food at Arts in Bloom.
This all-day event is a perfect opportunity to experience the magic of McKinney historic district during the spring season with art, music, food, shopping and fun.
She Is Dallas Info: Arts in Bloom is an all day event that will take place on Saturday, April 14 throughout the McKinney historic district around 111 N. Tennessee St. Admission is FREE and open to the general public. There are 12 public parking lots available to the public that surround Downtown McKinney. For more information, please call 972-547-2660 or visit the Downtown McKinney website.
Here are some highlights of the wonderful events taking place during Arts in Bloom:
- ArtWalk: More than 150 local and regional artists will line the streets of throughout the twelve-block area of downtown to showcase their talents for the annual ArtWalk. Check out the list of fabulous artists that will be attending. 10 a.m. “ 6 p.m.
- Chalk Walk: Sidewalks spring to life with color and creativity when artists’ imaginations run wild at Chalk Walk on the sidewalks surrounding MPAC. 10 a.m. “ 6 p.m.
- Art Show: MISD Students will present their work at the Annual High School Art Show and Competition in the Gallery at MPAC. 10 a.m. “ 8 p.m.
- Farmers Market: Shop the Old-Fashioned Way at our Local Farmers Market! Local and organic meat, dairy and produce vendors offer their wares from 8:00 a.m. until noon every Saturday at Chestnut Square. For more information, please visit the McKinney Farmers Market website.
- Piano Competition: McKinney Musical Arts Society Young Artist Piano Competition at the Heard Craig Center for the Arts. 9 a.m.
- Concert: DD and the Studebakers perform favorites from the jukebox era of the 1950s and ˜60s in the Courtroom Theater at MPAC. 7:30 p.m.
- Second Saturdays: Second Saturdays in downtown McKinney kicks off the evening with live music, gallery exhibits, and late hours at many stores. 7 “ 10 p.m.
McKinney Main Street thanks the sponsors for Arts in Bloom, including Medical Center of McKinney and McKinney Magazine.