A few weeks ago, I decided to organize all the handheld electronic devices in my house.
I knew instantly that this solution would be life-changing and decided to get to work.
I have had the dream of creating an area for all the household’s hand-held video games, iPod, iPad, Kindle and other electronics. A place where they could rest in peace and re-charge. A place where everything HAD a place.
I also wanted to be able to shut the door in case it was a mess.
As I looked around, I located a cabinet that would work and started drawing out a plan. The first step of the plan was to take inventory of what needed to be held in this cabinet:
- 17 electronic devices – no joke
- chargers/cords/accessories that accompany electronic 17 electronic devices
- a boat load of DS games, 3DS games, V-tech cartridges and other tiny little important things
- DS storage containers, wires, adapters, and things I don’t know what to call
This is what I did…
How to Organize Video Games
1. This is the kids video game charging station. There are 3 DS chargers, two 3DS chargers, a AA battery charger, the Innotab and V-Reader.
2. The kids video game basket holds all the popular games that they grab frequently.
3. This is the adult electronic area. Not as in adult entertainment, but as in electronics that have to be approved by an adult to use. The iPad, iPod, old iPhone, MY DS and 3 DS, Kindle and my husband’s PSP.
4. Less used video games and accessories for the adult electronic area fill this basket.
5. These baskets hold the travel cases for all the DSes and 3DSes. There are also headphones and travel adapters.
6. This drawer is for overflow items that don’t need to be accessed frequently.
7. Behind BOTH wire towers are power strips that can be turned on/off. This allows that all electronic items can be charging in their resting place.
That means when something is out of place, I know it.
That also means when someone forgets to put their DS away, I have an idea who that might be.
So far, it has worked amazingly well. Surprisingly, my family appreciated the organization!
I love how it turned out.
Sometimes I just go in and open the cabinet just to make sure it still exists.
This accomplishment definitely deserves a cookie!
I really like cookies.
Ready to organize the entire house? We LOVE this declutter course! It’s perfect for busy families!
Don’t miss out on these great medicine cabinet organizer ideas!