This green chile taco recipe is hands down my easiest recipe and with minimal ingredients. This is a go-to on a busy night when I want to use my crock-pot. It is also a favorite among people in my circle. Ha! My circle? I didn’t realize I had a circle – the new Google+ must be getting in my head.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 4-6 hours
Green Chile Taco Recipe
- 3+ pounds boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 jar (16 oz) green salsa (salsa verde)
- 1-2 cans green enchilada sauce
- 2 cans or 8oz of green chile’s (can use more depending on preference)
- Place your chuck roast in your crock-pot.
- Season with salt and pepper only. I occasionally use a meat tenderizer, but generally I do nothing to the hunk of meat.
- Pour jar of green salsa Verde over roast in crock-pot.
- Next pour the green enchilada sauce over the roast and Verde. At this point it may or may not cover the meat – I like the meat to be totally emerged in the sauce, so I will add extra enchilada sauce if need be.
- On top of the salsa and sauce mixture I add the green chile’s and raw diced onion.
- Cover with lid and cook for 4-6 hours.
- Sour cream
- Diced onions
- Sliced avocado
- Monterrey Jack cheese or preferred shredded cheese
Note: Sour cream compliments the green chile very well.
I like to pour extra sauce over my meat.
I also want to note that all of the above ingredients can be modified to preference.
This is not a spicy dish as the green chile is the one of the milder of sauces.
I like to serve these tacos with mexican-style pinto beans (slow cooked on a Sunday afternoon) and mexican cornbread. Yum!