Do you think the zoo is fun during the day? Have you ever wondered what it is like at night?
Now you can find out with a Dallas Zoo “Lights Out” overnight experience! See the fascinating world of animals through activities, special talks, and tours of the Zoo at night. The zoo is one of the number one things to do in Dallas.
Overnight at The Dallas Zoo
WHAT ™S INCLUDED IN AN OVERNIGHT?
Overnights are available Friday and Saturday nights to groups of all sizes and kids ages 7 and up. Overnights are not exclusive to your group and the Dallas Zoo may book multiple groups in one night. All overnights include:
- An after-hours tour of ZooNorth.
- A late night snack (eat dinner before you come) and a continental breakfast.
- Up close encounters with some of our Education animals
- An official Dallas Zoo “Lights Out” overnight patch for each youth participant.
- A morning Monorail Safari ride (weather dependent, first train leaves the station at 9:30am).
- Entrance to the Zoo the following day for all participants and chaperones.
She Is Dallas Info: The Dallas Zoo is located at Overnights are $45/participant. Chaperones are free at a 1:10 ratio. Overnights are booked on a first come, first served basis and completed registration forms, with payment, are required to reserve your spot. We recommend booking early as spaces fill quickly! For more information, please visit the Dallas Zoo website. You can also follow Dallas Zoo on Facebook or Dallas Zoo on Twitter.
Check-in begins at 6:30 p.m. Check-out is at 10:30 a.m. the following day. The Dallas Zoo requires one adult chaperone per ten participants, additional chaperones are always welcome.
School overnights can be accommodated Thursday – Saturday nights.
Family overnights are available twice a year on Mother’s Day and Father’s Day.
NEW THIS YEAR! Add on a special Badge Program to your Overnight experience and receive 5% off the total cost of your registration!
OVERNIGHT SLEEPING OPTIONS
- African Safari “ Guests will spend the night in our African exhibit and/or African classroom areas. In the morning, wake up with the animals and experience breakfast on the majestic deck of the Simmons Safari Base Camp as you watch elephants, giraffes, and more explore the Giants of the Savanna! This experience can accommodate up to 100 guests. Please note that groups of over 25 may be split into separate sleeping spaces.
- Classroom Camp-In “ Guests will spend the night in our educational classrooms or event spaces. In the morning, breakfast will be served in our picnic areas or indoors in inclement weather. This experience can accommodate up to 110 guests. Please note that groups of over 50 may be split into separate sleeping spaces.
- Herpetologist's Headquarters “ Guests will spend the night sleeping in the exhibit spaces of our super cool Reptile & Amphibian Building! In the morning, breakfast will be served in our picnic areas or indoors in inclement weather. This experience can accommodate up to 200 guests.
- Starlight Camp Out “ Guests will spend a night under the stars in their own tents on our grassy Cat Green. In the morning, breakfast will be served under the Cat Green Pavilion or indoors in inclement weather. This experience can accommodate up to 20, 8 ™x10 ™ tents.
Sleeping with the Fishes at the Children’s Aquarium at Fair Park – Click here for more information.
September 2011 Overnights:
Friday, September 2, 2011
Saturday, September 3, 2011
Friday, September 9, 2011
Friday, September 16, 2011
Saturday, September 17, 2011
Friday, September 23, 2011
Saturday, September 24, 2011 *Special elephant themed overnight in honor of Elephant Appreciation Day!
October 2011 Overnights
Friday, October 7, 2011
Saturday, October 8, 2011
Friday, October 14, 2011
Saturday, October 15, 2011