Let’s make an egg carton shark today! This fun cardboard shark craft makes the perfect Shark Week craft, shark lesson activity or boredom buster idea for kids of all ages. Repurpose an old egg carton with this jawsome shark craft!
How to make our egg carton shark craft
We are going to cut up an old egg carton and make egg carton sharks. This is a fun shark craft to make with the kids while you are enjoying Shark Week shows.
Related: Make shark jello cups
Making these Shark Week egg carton sharks is a great project for a parent or older kid to make with younger kids.
This article contains affiliate links.
Supplies needed to make and egg carton shark
*We included a black marker in the image above, but after using it to make the eyes, I decided to add googly eyes on top.
**We also found that the glue stick didn’t work quite as well, however, kids can use school glue instead. If making the project with an adult, use hot glue which will dry instantly.
Instructions for making an egg carton shark
Cut out two cups from the egg carton, and then cut out a shark fin with a small tab at the bottom. You can sketch the shape onto the lid of the egg carton first and then have the kids cut it out.
Use glue to attach the egg cups together. Cut a small slit into the top of egg carton and insert the fin, making sure to add a little glue so that it doesn’t move or come out.
Egg carton shark craft tip: I highly recommend attaching the shark teeth (in step 4 below) to the egg cups before you glue the cups together. We didn’t do this step first, but for little fingers, it would make the craft so much easier to make.
Once the glue is dry on your egg carton shark it’s time to paint it. We painted this one with a combination of two different shades of blue, but if you look at the image at the top of the post you will see we did one grey and white, and a third blue and white.
Cut out shark teeth from the white card stock and glue them to the egg cups. Either draw on eyes or glue googly eyes to your shark.
Our finished egg carton shark craft
- Egg carton
- Blue paint
- Black marker or googly eyes
- White card stock
- Cut out two egg cups from the egg carton.
- Sketch a shark fin on the egg carton lid and cut that out too.
- Draw funny shark teeth on white card stock and cut those out as well.
- Glue the teeth to the inside of the egg cups, and then glue the egg cups together.
- Cut a slit in the top of the egg cup shark and insert the shark fin. Add glue to keep it stable.
- Paint your egg carton shark and set it aside to dry.
- Attach googly eyes, or use a marker to draw on eyes for your shark.
More shark crafts from Kids Activities Blog
- Check out these 50+ shark crafts and activities for Shark Week
- Kids will love this super cute paper plate shark craft
- This origami shark bookmark is SO cute
- Make a hammerhead shark magnet using a printable template
- This shark paper plate craft is fierce but so cute
- We teach you how to drawk a shark with our free printable instructions
- This shark pinata is made out of a cereal box
- Grab an old sock and make a sock puppet shark
- Look at this shark sensory bag!
Are you going to make fun shark crafts with the kids during Shark Week?