Get Great Deals on Gently Used Children’s Clothing and Toys
What is a consignment sale?
A consignment sale is an organized event where people can buy and sell gently used items. Children consignment sales include items such as nursery furniture such as changing tables and cribs, safety items such as safety gates and baby monitors, books on parenting, books for children, children’s clothing, children’s shoes, maternity clothing, diaper bags, toys, and so much more.
Do I have to pay anything to attend these consignment sales?
Typically admission to consignment sales is free for shoppers. However, many consignment sales are starting to charge an admission fee for the first few hours of the first day of the event because that is typically when the largest number of shoppers are lined up to get in the doors. Sometimes the event organizer designates a portion of this admission fee to go towards a local charity.
How can I sell my children’s used items at a consignment sale?
Each consignment sale will have their own procedures for selling, or “consigning” with them so you will have to check the individual event websites for their specific policies. However, we will attempt to give you a brief overview of the process as it applies to most consignment sales events.
The seller, or “consignor”, registers with the event prior to the start of the sale. Sometimes these events limit the number of consignors or the total number of items that they will accept for the sale so it is good to sign up as early as possible to be sure you get a spot. The consignor sets their own price for their items and is usually responsible for tagging their items as well. The consignor delivers their items to the event prior to the sale opening on specific dates. The event organizer manages all of the event set up and payment collection. The consignor does not have to be at the sale or do anything else. The consignor is not paid any money by the event organizer until after the item has sold. At the end of the sale, the event organizer mails a check to the consignor for their collected sales, minus any fees or percentages that the event organizer may charge. The fees are typically a small flat fee of $5-$10 just to be a consignor and then they may also charge a percentage of the total sales in the neighborhood of 20-30% . If the item does not sell at the consignment event, the consignor can usually pick the item up and try to sell it elsewhere or they may choose to just let the event organizer donate their leftover items to a pre-determined charity.
How do I know where to find these awesome sale?
She Is Dallas is here to help! We have compiled a list of all the children consignment sales we could find in the Dallas-Fort Worth area for this spring. It’s all right here at your fingertips and organized by date so you can plan your calendar accordingly. Note, we have only included dates and hours that the sales are open to the general public. Many of these sales may open earlier for their volunteers and consignors.
She Is Dallas info:
- Rhea Lana’s, March 2-5, website, Preston Village Shopping Center at the southeast corner of Hwy 121 and Preston Road, Frisco
- Just Between Friends, March 3-7, website, Will Rogers Memorial Center, Amon G. Carter Exhibit Hall, 3401 West Lancaster Avenue, Fort Worth
- Sweet Pea Consign, March 4-6, website, 521 W. Campbell Road, Richardson
- Romper Runway, March 4-5, website, 3003 Carlisle, Dallas
- Divine Consign, March 6-8, website, Plano Centre, 2000 E. Spring Creek Parkway, Plano
- Kiddos Closet, March 10-12, website, Midlothian Civic Center, 11th Street and Main Street (Bus. 287), Midlothian
- Just Between Friends, March 18-20, website, 1040 West Arkansas Lane at the corner of Arkansas and Cooper, Arlington
- Just Between Friends, March 24-27, website, Mesquite Rodeo Exhibit Hall, 1700 Rodeo Drive, Mesquite
- Just Between Friends, March 25-27, website, 210 E. Stacy Road, McKinney
- Sweet Repeats, March 26-27, website, Trinity Presbyterian Church, 2871 W. Virginia Parkway, McKinney
- Just Between Friends, March 26-27, website, Grapevine Convention Center, 1209 S. Main, Grapevine
- Lil’ Lambs Consignment Sale, March 31 – April 2, website,Greenville Oaks Church of Christ, 703 South Greenville Avenue, Allen
- Three Sisters Consignment, March 31 – April 3, website, Highland Oaks Church of Christ, 10805 Walnut Hill Lane, Dallas
- Baby Consign, April 6-9, website, Cascades Event Center, 5909 Stone Creek Drive, The Colony
- Bye Buy Consign, April 28-30, website, Garden Ridge Church of Christ, 102 N. Garden Ridge Blvd, Lewisville
As quickly as children outgrow their clothing and toys, why buy these things new every season? Take a look at one or more of these children consignment sales and we bet you’ll never want to pay full price again.