Amy Jandrisevits has a huge heart for kids with disabilities and she is putting her big heart behind her creative energy. Amy is the owner and creator of A Doll Like Me.
Amy’s desire to create this non profit was born out of her former job as a pediatric oncology social worker. She is an avid doll collector and makes these dolls from her living room.
Each doll is created with the same disability as the child. Currently there is a 2 year wait for her dolls, as she has grown in popularity and parents see these dolls as such a special gift for their little ones.
Amy doesn’t see this as a “business” but more as a relationship with each family. After chatting with Amy, it’s apparent that she puts more then time into each of these dolls. She fills them with love.
View this post on Instagram
This is why dolls (not just mine) are so important. “Years ago I did not think we would be able to sedate and do medical procedures, but her doll has been life altering! I can never say thank you enough. I think about you often…but please know all that you do is near and dear to my heart. Your dolls helped give my little girl life!” ?? #dollsmakeadifference #portwinestain #iloveher
If you want to order one of these adorable dolls for a special kid in your life, simply reach out to Amy on her Facebook page. Because she is a non profit and is funded by GoFundMe donations, she does not have to charge families for these precious dolls. Inclusion is so important and we are thankful for gifted artists like Amy who use her talents to bless families everywhere.
OTHER COOL THINGS KIDS WILL LOVE:
- Try these crafts in 5 min!
- Check out our favorite halloween games.
- Make edible playdough
- Create your own homemade bubbles.
- Kids love dinosaur crafts! RAWR.
- Play these 50 science games for kids
- Check out these LEGO organizer ideas so your kids can get back to playing!
- Make reading even more fun with this PB kids summer reading challenge.
- Try these easy cookie recipes with few ingredients.
- Make this homemade bubble solution.
- Make being stuck at home fun with our favorite indoor games for kids.
- Coloring is fun! Especially with our Fortnite coloring pages.