These Swamp Creature Pudding Cups make a creepy cool treat for Halloween parties. With some green pudding, creepy cloth and a bit of glue, you can have an edible swampy creature in no time!
In case you haven’t picked up on it by now, the inspiration for this creepy cool treat was the Creature From The Black Lagoon.
While the movie was in black and white, I can only assume if it were in color, the creature would be green and that is what inspired me to make this!
With Halloween nearing, now is the perfect time to begin thinking of all the fun Halloween party favors and treats you’ll be making.
Sign up for the Halloween party at your kids school? These are sealed treats making them perfect for making and giving at that party!
Don’t worry, they are super simple to make and while most everything might be found at your local dollar store, we also made it super easy for you to shop and grab everything you need below.
Want another fun idea? Check out these Witch Pudding Cups – don’t worry, she’s not MELTING.
You will also need some scissors!
Once you have all of your required supplies, it is time to make these adorable creatures!
You can watch the video provided with step-by-step instructions or check out the written instructions below!
How to Make Swamp Creature Pudding Cups
- Green Pudding Cups
- Green Foam Paper (matching the green pudding)
- Green Creepy Cloth
- Googly Eyes
- Hot Glue
- Start by flipping the pudding cup upside down so that the snack pack logo is on the bottom and then glue on two google eyes in the middle near the top.
- Now take the green foam paper and fold it in half. This way when you cut out a shape you end up with two that are the exact same.
- Now cut out a shape that resembles a webbed fin. Either just cut it out the best you can or draw the shape lightly first with a pencil then cut.
- Now glue the two fins onto the sides of the pudding cup.
- The last thing we will do is cut a piece of scary cloth roughly 4” by 4”. Now drape the cloth over the pudding cup. Be sure that the eyes are visible and the fins poke out of the sides.
- Your swamp creature is now finished! Keep in mind that none of the things on the outside of the cup are edible, just the green pudding inside the cup!