This colorful no-mess blot painting craft is such a fun and simple painting craft. Kids of all ages will love this simple blot painting craft, perfect for: toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergarten kids. This no-mess blot painting craft is perfect to do at home or in the classroom.
Simple Blot Painting Craft For Kids
It’s always great when kids can get a fun sensory experience with paint, without actually touching the paint, hence why this blot painting craft is perfect.
If I plan an activity where my kids come into contact with paint, I know I’m bargaining for about 30 minutes to an hour of clean-up around our house.
The other day we tried a low-mess painting project with really fun monster results. I have two little girls with very girly interests, but even they were delighted.
This article contains affiliate links.
Video: No Mess Blot Painting Craft
Supplies Needed For This No Mess Blot Painting Craft
How To Make This Fun and Simple Blot Painting Art
Here’s what you do to make your own little rainbow creatures:
Dab on globs of paint toward the middle of a piece of paper. (You’ll want to make sure that the dabs of paint are close together so that it looks like a body when they are squished together)
Fold in half.
Squish and rub (the best part!)
Open paper. Add googly eyes (you don’t need glue if you stick them on when the paint is still wet) This is also a fun part because it’s kind of like seeing shapes in the clouds. Everyone has a different thought about where the head should be, whether it has a tail, etc.
Use a black marker to add other details (horns, feet, whiskers, arms, etc).
I didn’t think of it at the time, but adding little snips of yarn for hair could also liven them up. We cut ours so that the girls could play with them like paper dolls!
More Easy No-Mess Painting Craft
But on the days when mom is busy or tired, it doesn’t have to mean no painting!
- Inner Child Fun has a completely contained marbling paint activity with plastic bags.
- Moments of Mommyhood has an idea for no-mess finger-painting.
- …and today’s idea was inspired by Time for Play!
- Googly Eyes
- Black Marker
- Dab on globs of paint toward the middle of a piece of paper.
- Then fold the paper in half.
- Squish and rub the paper to spread the paper.
- Open the paper.
- Put your googly eyes and yarn on the wet paint. You won't need glue if you place the wiggle eyes and yarn on the wet pain.
- Let the blot painting dry.
- Use a black marker to add a mouth, nose, hands, wings, whatever you want!
More No Mess Crafts And Activities From Kids Activities Blog
- Want more no-mess painting crafts? Check out this no mess painting butterfly craft.
- We have even more no-mess finger painting for toddlers.
- Wow! Take a look at these 13 no mess crafts for kids.
- Here are more toddler art projects that don’t require a lot of set up or mess.
- This shark sensory bag is mess free as well!
- Let’s make edible paint.
- Check out this mess free ocean bag with glitter!
Leave a comment: Have your kids made any monster art? We’d love to hear about it!