There is something about Ginger Cookies that reminds me of fall! Maybe it’s because of the cooler weather, the light brown color or the smell of ginger and cinnamon baking in the oven. Regardless, it’s a wonderful time of year for baking!
See how easy these are to make!
- 3/4 cup Butter, softened
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup Molasses
- 2 1/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons Ground Ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Extra Sugar
- In a mixing bowl, combine the softened butter and sugar with a hand mixer
- Add the egg and molasses and continue to beat until incorporated
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, ground cloves and salt
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet and make round balls for the cookies
- Roll the balls into a separate bowl of sugar and place on lined cookie sheet
- Add additional sugar to the cookie once it’s on the cookie sheet if you want additional sugar
- Bake in the oven at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until the edges start to get brown
Serve these yummy cookies with a glass of milk or some green tea for an afternoon pick-me-up!
Looking for other cookie recipes? Here are 5 Deliciously Chewy Cookie Recipes!