Want a yummy cake? Keep reading…
What about a cake that features the secret kick of Grand Marnier?!?
Berry Chantilly Cake with Grand Marnier
- 1 White cake round, 9 inch, baked from mix (Use egg whites in the mix to keep cake white)
- 10-12 Whole fresh raspberries
- 1 cup Fresh strawberries, stemmed, halved
- 1 cup Fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup Fresh blackberries or blueberries
- 3 oz. Grand Marnier
- 1/4 cup Orange juice
- Marsopone cream Frosting (recipe below)
- Combine Grand Marnier & orange juice. Whisk until blended.
- Place berries in a shallow bowl or dish, cover with Grand Marnier mixture. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Using a serrated knife, cut cake horizontally to create a top and bottom.
- Drain berries and portion into center of one cake layer and spread.
- Drizzle with remaining Grand Marnier mixture.
- Cover the bottom of second cake layer with thin layer of frosting.
- Combine halves like a sandwich. Coat entire cake with a thin layer frosting.
- Top cake with whole berries.
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 8 ounces of mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- With an electric mixer on medium speed, whisk heavy cream until stiff peaks form (be careful not to over-beat, or cream will be grainy).
- In another bowl, whisk together mascarpone and confectioners’ sugar until very smooth.
- Gently fold whipped cream into mascarpone until completely incorporated. Use immediately.