Easy Vanilla Icebox Cake literally takes first place when I need a quick go-to dessert. Easy enough for your kids to help with and the prep work is a snap.
Easy Vanilla Icebox Cake
- 1 pint of heavy whipping cream, divided.
- 2 cups of prepared vanilla pudding
- 3 frozen pound cakes (like Sara Lee). You will have some left over.
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Clean washed raspberries (optional)
- Prepare pound cake by letting the loaves thaw at room temperature, according to the package instructions. Slice each pound cake in half, then slice the halves into 3 layers.
- Pour 1 cup of chilled whipping cream into a bowl, mix with beaters on high until stiff peaks form.
- Fold pudding into whipped cream.
- In a 8 x 8 pan make a single layer of pound cake using slices of pound cake. You may have to trim some pieces to make it fit. It’s ok if the layers overlap some.
- Spread a layer of whipped cream/pudding mixture over the cake, approximately 1 cup.
- Make another layer of pound cake and repeat with whipped cream/pudding mixture. You will end up with 3-4 layers, depending on how deep your pan is.
- Add the remaining 1 cup of whipping cream to the bowl and 2 teaspoons of sugar. Whip until stiff peaks form. Spread whipped cream on top of final layer of pound cake.
- Top with fresh raspberries, cover and chill for at least one hour in the refrigerator.
Note: I trimmed the pound cake before slicing. It is not necessary, but aesthetically, it looks prettier when you slice into the cake and there is no brown (from the outside of the pound cake) in your layering.
If you like this recipe, you’ll also enjoy our Lemonade Cake. Super yummy summer dessert!