Easter Surprise Cupcakes are a treat everyone can enjoy. These Easter (Surprise!) Cupcakes were so easy to make, and you can fill your cupcakes with just about anything edible. What a great way to let your kids join in the Easter fun!
Easter Surprise Cupcakes:
Here’s what you need to make Easter Surprise Cupcakes:
- 1 cake mix, of your choosing, made into 24 cupcakes with liners. Follow package instructions.
- Melon baller or apple corer
- 1 tub of vanilla frosting
- 2-3 drops of green food coloring
- Cadbury mini milk chocolate eggs. These have a hard candy shell on the outside.
- Optional fillers: M&M’s, mini M&M’s, mini marshmallows (bunny tails!), Cadbury mini milk chocolate eggs, mini chocolate chips, jam or jelly, Nutella, marshmallow creme, peanut butter (or any nut butter), jelly beans, frosting, sprinkles, hershey kisses, Reese’s Pieces, etc.
Bake and cool 24 cupcakes. Using the large end of your melon baller scoop out (at the top) a portion of cupcake. You need the bottom of the cupcake intact, so if using an apple corer, only go a 1/3 of the way into the cupcake.
Fill cupcake with desired filling, until it is level with the top of the cupcake.
Add green food coloring to the white frosting, until desired color is reached.
Pipe green frosting or frost cupcakes with green “grass” frosting. *Note: If you don’t own a #233 grass tip for piping your frosting, no worries! Simply frost your cupcakes with the green frosting and find yourself a butter knife. Laying the flat part of the knife against the frosting, pull up quickly and you should have little “tufts” of grass. Repeat until desired effect is achieved.
Add 3 Cadbury eggs to the top as decoration. Or you could top your cupcakes with whatever you have hidden inside!