We are thrilled to be joining the ultimate baby blog hop today.
We are sharing our diy baby wrap carriers that are essential for anyone with a baby in the house. Since they can be costly to purchase at the store, we couldn’t wait to share our diy version. Did you know that you can easily make one that is affordable? All you need are scissors and the ability to cut fabric in a straight line. It’s really that simple and you will soon be baby wearing!
The secret to a comfy wrap is the fabric.
You’ll want to look for fabric that is “interlock” this basically means that it is a stretchy, knitted fabric that is made in such a way that the edges do not fray. As the edges of the fabric don’t fray, this wrap does not require any sewing skills in order to create it.
Really, it is incredibly simple!
How to Make a Baby Wrap:
- You’ll want to get 5-6 yards of interlock fabric.
- Each batch of fabric can create 2-3 wraps.
- You will want to cut your fabric into long strips.
- I folded the fabric like a hotdog.
- The width of each strip needs to be a minimum of 16 inches wide (I have some as wide as 25 inches – but they are more bulky). I laid my fabric out on our couch to help contain the yardage as I cut them.
Check out the TICKS rules for safe babywearing for more information on how to keep baby safe.
Viola! You now have 2-3 baby wraps! Baby wearing can help you get chores done around the house or to help you calm a fussy baby. If you need tips on how to wear baby, be sure to check out this video.
Now, for the fun part! Here is the Ultimate baby giveaway that is worth over $800! Good luck!!
Need more baby ideas? Check out the Ultimate baby Pinterest board filled with everything baby.
Follow Dayna :: Lemon Lime Adventures’s board Everything Baby on Pinterest.