The gals over at Mom Loop are helping keep me accountable this week! We are spring cleaning and I get to show before and afters of our Quirky House. Yesterday’s assignment was the dining room. As with everything, we had to think of a way to make cleaning the dining room a fun family affair. Maybe your kids will enjoy helping you sock mop your floors! If you are looking for other ideas to involve your children in household chores, check out out collection of activities and ideas.
Steps to Sock Mop with Your Preschoolers:
- Remove the table from the room – not an easy feat for an 8 month pregnant Quirky Momma, but we managed.
- Sweep the floors… then sweep them again.
- Fill a shallow pan with soapy water
- Put on some of Daddy’s socks
- …and have fun stomping and sliding!
My oldest daughter was great at spot scrubbing the floor with her feet. My son preferred traditional mopping, he’s such a “tool” and gadget boy! While my youngest liked splashing and making a mess.
Want to get your own cleaning supplies? Head over to Mom Loop and join in the cleaning fun! Thanks Scrubbing Bubbles for providing samples for the Quirky Home to try and giving some to one of our readers to enjoy.