Making your kids laugh is one of the best things about being a parent.
Usually it goes without saying that kids can always make a parent double over with laughter – we’ve used pranks, jokes and silly activities. Sometimes they are so hilarious it seems that us mommy’s and daddy’s can’t possibly compete, however this is where we are mistaken. We are funny, we can make our littles giggle and here are some foolproof ways to to turn up the laugh meter!
Kids Laugh & Giggles
1) Never underestimate the power of a good tickle fight.
2) Tell your littles that they are not allowed, under any circumstance to laugh or smile.
3) Depending on the age of the kiddos, sing a nursery rhyme or the abc’s and mess up the words or letters but insist you are singing it correctly.
4) Play ‘Red light / Green light’ and say a funny word instead of the standard “red light.”
5) Have a funny face contest.
6) Pretend you are sleeping, add in a few exaggerated snores for good measure, then wake up and silly startle them.
7) Play a classic game of peek-a-boo or hide-n-go seek.
8) Tell a joke or take turns making up jokes.
9) Insist that you are the child and your kiddo is the parent and act super crazy as they try to take care of you.
10) Tell them that if they eat their entire meal they can have broccoli for dessert.
Now that you are the star of your own comedy club, carry the laughter over into other parts of your day and have fun with your kiddos! It’s an old adage but one that we, as parents, know to be true… kids grow up way too fast!
Laugh with them often and embrace the time you have with them always!