You can encourage creative learning in your child by giving them unusual materials to work with. How about giving them some edible ink the next time they are completing a worksheet?
What is edible ink?
It is super easy to make and it tastes great too. There are only 2 ingredients: yogurt and food coloring!
Blend some food coloring into the yogurt until you get the color you want. Use a plastic bag with a cut off corner to “write” with your new edible ink.
Now find some of your child’s fun worksheets and laminate them. We used clear contact paper but you could also just stick the worksheet in a large baggie. Have your child complete the worksheet with their fun edible ink instead of regular dry erase markers.
What can you do with edible ink?
The possibilities are endless with what you can do with edible ink.
Here are some of the fun ideas that we tried and had fun with:
1. Make colorful drawings:
2. Eat edible ink (of course!):
3. Let them go wild with their colorful yogurt:
Powered by Sidelines
Edible ink is such a fun idea! The Quirky Mommas have a few more tasty ideas for edible fun for you and your child. Check out these yummy posts:
- Fruit Mural Recipe – We created cookie sheet size edible works of art. They were as delicious as they were fun to make.
- Edible Play Dough: Make Your Own Pasta Noodles – I’ve figured out a way to get my kids to enjoy play dough, and make our dinner – at the same time! We have begun making our own pasta noodles. Be careful, this is an addictive recipe both for it’s fun and the yummy meal.
- Monster Apple Faces – Have candy? Peanut butter? Some apples? We made monster apple faces with these yummy treats!