This is the perfect time of year to have fun with food! It’s also a great time to think about food as a potential gift idea for friends and family. Today on Family Food Live, 5 Heavenly Holiday Snack Ideas that can also be used as gifts!
5 Heavenly Holiday Snack Ideas
This post contains affiliate links.
Gingerbread Granola Holiday Snacks
- 1 cup raw Almonds
- 2 teaspoons Ground Ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 2 cups Shredded Coconut
- 1 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 6 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 4 cups Old-Fashioned Oats
- 1/2 cup Butter, melted
- 3 Tablespoons Molasses
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- A cup of Roasted Pistachios
- 1 cup Dried Cranberries
- A cup of White Chocolate Chips
Head on over to Five Heart Home for this delicious Gingerbread Granola recipe!
Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels
- First, preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- In a large roasting pan, combine vegetable oil, sugar, and cinnamon.
- Next, stir in the pretzels, and combine with the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Spread on parchment paper to cool.
- Store in an air-tight glass or plastic container.
Cinnamon Brown Sugar Butter
- Using a fork, smash the butter until it’s whipped.
- Then, add the brown sugar and cinnamon, and combine.
- Transfer to a glass container.
- Serve with toast or rolls. This is a yummy side on Christmas morning!
White Chocolate Holiday Oreos Snack Idea
- Over simmering water, double boil the white chocolate chips in a heat-proof bowl.
- Next, dip half of the Oreo into the white chocolate, and then add holiday sprinkles to the white chocolate, immediately.
- Place on parchment paper to allow chocolate to cool. Then, put in the refrigerator to speed up the process.
Hot Chocolate in a Jar
- Start by opening and and placing the hot chocolate mix in the bottom of a mason jar.
- Then, add a layer of mini marshmallows.
- Close the jar, and using holiday string, add a mini candy cane to the top.
- Give as a gift, or use yourself!
Holiday Gift Ideas for the Foodie on Your List
Are you looking for gifts for the foodie in your life? Here’s our list of The Best Holiday Gifts for the Foodie in Your Life!
These are some of our favorite kitchen must-haves. They also make wonderful holiday gifts:
- Fresh Baby Ice Cube Trays with lids
- Cuisinart Food Processor
- The I Heart Naptime Cookbook by Jamielyn Nye
- Giant Popcorn bowl
- VillaWare Uno Classic Waffle Maker
- Individual Popcorn bowls
- VillaWare Farmyard Waffle Maker
- Taco Holder
- Pizza Peel
- Hand Blender
- Pizza Wheel (cutter)
- Pyrex Baking Dishes
- Pizza Stone
- Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Double Burner Reversible Grill/Griddle
- Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Stainless 5-1/2-Quart Saute Pan with Helper Handle and Cover
- BPA free lunch containers
- Egg Rite Egg Timer
- Fit and Fresh container
- One Touch Electric Bottle Opener
- Half Pint Wide Mouth Mason Jars
- Ninja Professional Blender
- Zoku Quick Pop Maker
- Plano Half-Size Stowaway with Adjustable Dividers – for road trip snacks
- Curious Chef 3-Piece Nylon Knife Set
- Cuisinart 2 Quart Ice Cream Maker
- Victorinox Fibrox Straight Edge Chef’s Knife, 8-Inch
- Mason Jars
- Apple Corer
- Popcorn Bowl
- MaxiMatic double burner hot plate
- Glass Egg carton
- Black & Decker 4 slice toaster
- Cuisinart 8-cup Food Processor
- Meat Mallet
- Ice Cream or Cookie Scooper
- Norpro Butter Keeper
- 3-Piece Veggie Peeler
- Garlic Press
Kid-Friendly Ways to Celebrate the Holidays
- Santa Belt Pudding Cups
- Christmas Preschool Craft with Play Dough Gingerbread Man
- Stained Glass Christmas Cookies
- Christmas Tree Waffles
- Free Printable Christmas Placemats
- Give the Gift of Time This Christmas
- Christmas Activity: Tin Foil DIY Ornaments
What are your family’s favorite holiday snacks? Comment below!