This is the perfect time of year to have fun with food! It’s also a great time to think about food as a potential gift idea for friends and family. Today on Family Food Live, 5 Heavenly Holiday Snack Ideas that can also be used as gifts!
Yummy and Heavenly Treats for Holidays
The holiday season is for kids of all ages. So, here’s a list of amazing and heavenly sweets you can try to satisfy your little sweet tooth.
This article contains affiliate links.
1. Gingerbread Granola Holiday Snacks
Granola is one of the kids’ favorites. Infuse it with gingerbread and it will be a bigger hit this holiday season!
Ingredients Needed To Make Gingerbread Granola Holiday Snacks:
- 1 cup raw Almonds
- 2 teaspoons Ground Ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 2 cups Shredded Coconut
- 1 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 6 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 4 cups Old-Fashioned Oats
- 1/2 cup Butter, melted
- 3 Tablespoons Molasses
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- A cup of Roasted Pistachios
- 1 cup Dried Cranberries
- A cup of White Chocolate Chips
Head on over to Five Heart Home for this delicious Gingerbread Granola recipe!
2. Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels Recipe
Yes, have a sweet-smelling pretzel snack and have fun!
Ingredients Needed To Make Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels:
How To Make Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels:
- First, preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- In a large roasting pan, combine vegetable oil, sugar, and cinnamon.
- Next, stir in the pretzels, and combine with the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Spread on parchment paper to cool.
- Store in an air-tight glass or plastic container.
3. Cinnamon Brown Sugar Butter
Looking for a unique peanut butter flavor? Here’s the recipe for you to try!
Ingredients Needed To Make Cinnamon Brown Sugar Butter:
How To Make Cinnamon Brown Sugar Butter:
- Using a fork, smash the butter until it’s whipped.
- Then, add the brown sugar and cinnamon, and combine.
- Transfer to a glass container.
- Serve with toast or rolls. This is a yummy side on Christmas morning!
4. White Chocolate Holiday Oreos Snack Idea
Oreos are an all-time favorite, regardless of age. Tweak it a bit and have a fab dessert!
Ingredients Needed To Make White Chocolate Holiday Oreos:
How To Make White Chocolate Holiday Oreos:
- Over simmering water, double boil the white chocolate chips in a heat-proof bowl.
- Next, dip half of the Oreo into the white chocolate, and then add holiday sprinkles to the white chocolate, immediately.
- Place on parchment paper to allow chocolate to cool. Then, put in the refrigerator to speed up the process.
5. Hot Chocolate in a Jar
Want a less-mess dessert? This Hot Chocolate in a Jar is here to save the day!
Ingredients Needed To Make Hot Chocolate In A Jar:
How Ingredients Needed To Make Hot Chocolate In A Jar:
- Start by opening and and placing the hot chocolate mix in the bottom of a mason jar.
- Then, add a layer of mini marshmallows.
- Close the jar, and using holiday string, add a mini candy cane to the top.
- Give as a gift, or use yourself!
Kid-Friendly Ways to Celebrate the Holidays
- Santa Belt Pudding Cups
- Christmas Preschool Craft with Play Dough Gingerbread Man
- Stained Glass Christmas Cookies
- Christmas Tree Waffles
- Free Printable Christmas Placemats
- Give the Gift of Time This Christmas
- Christmas Activity: Tin Foil DIY Ornaments
- The Best Holiday Gifts for the Foodie in Your Life!
What are your family’s favorite holiday snacks? Comment below!