Spaghetti Squash with Homemade Marinara sauce is a low calorie, vitamin-packed, savory lunch selection! If you like this recipe, check out this subscription meal plan service, and if you sign up, use the code KAB20 for 20% off your entire order!
Ingredients for Spaghetti Squash with Homemade Marinara Sauce
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1½ cups homemade marinara sauce
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 28-ounce can whole tomatoes,
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 7 garlic cloves, slivered
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Dried oregano, adjust to taste
Additional grated Parmesan for topping
Directions for Spaghetti Squash with Homemade Marinara Sauce
- Poke holes in spaghetti squash with a cutting knife (just past the tip of the blade). Try to cover most of its surface area.
- Place Squash into a microwavable dish. Cook for 12-15 minutes (or five minutes per pound) in microwave. Stop halfway through total time to rotate and continue microwaving.
- Wait 5-10 minutes for squash to cool. Remove seeds with a spoon.
- Scrape spaghetti strands into a colander and sift to drain excess water. Set aside
- Empty tomatoes into large bowl and break them down into small pieces with your hands. Be sure to wash your hands after :).
- Silver garlic while simultaneously heating olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add garlic to skillet once oil is hot. Cook until garlic sizzles. Don’t let them brown!
- Add tomato sauce, red pepper flakes, and dried oregano.
- Add Spaghetti Squash and toss with Parmesan.
- Serve with additional grated Parmesan, if desired
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
We love this meal from this subscription meal plan service, and if you sign up, use the code KAB20 for 20% off your entire order.