Apple Potato Latkes are an easy-to-make delight for breakfast, lunch, or dinner! If you like this recipe, check out this subscription meal plan service, and if you sign up, use the code KAB20 for 20% off your entire order!
Ingredients for Apple Potato Latkes
- 3 russet potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 1 Granny Smith apple – peeled, cored, and shredded
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 green onions, diced
- salt to taste
- vegetable oil for frying, or as needed
- 1/2 tablespoon light sour cream (topping)
- 1 medium onion
- An extra apple
- Replace all-purpose flour with whole wheat
Directions for Apple Potato Latkes
- Shred potatoes into large bowl of cold water (with onion, if desired). The water should cover 1/2 to 1 inch above the potatoes.
- Let potatoes sit in water for 25 minutes. No need to stir.
- Drain water and then hand wring them of any excess water.
- Peel, core, and shred apple.
- Combine potatoes, apple, eggs, flour, and green onion in a bowl.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large heavy sauce pan over medium-high heat.
- Form mixture into palm-sized patties; fry in hot oil, working in batches, until golden brown, 2 to 4 minutes on each side.
- More oil may be needed with each batch.
- Remove pancakes from oil with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towel-lined plate. Sprinkle with salt.
- Serve pancakes topped with sour cream.
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 5 servings
We love this meal from this subscription meal plan service, and if you sign up, use the code KAB20 for 20% off your entire order.