Sweet Potato Skillet is a flavorful comfort food you can enjoy year round. If you like this recipe, check out this subscription meal plan service, and if you sign up, use the code KAB20 for 20% off your entire order!
Ingredients for Sweet Potato Skillet
- 2 large – sweet potato
- 1/2 medium – onion
- 2 clove – garlic
- 3 medium – bell pepper, red
- 1 cup – corn, frozen
- 15 ounce – black beans, canned
- 1 tablespoon – coconut oil
- 3 teaspoon – cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon – salt
- 14.5 ounce – diced tomatoes, canned
- 1/2 tablespoon – taco seasoning (See below for homemade mixture)
- 1/2 medium – lime
- 1 cup – Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- 1 large – avocado
- 2 stalk – green onion
Directions for Sweet Potato Skillet
- Cube sweet potatoes, chop onion, mince garlic, and dice peppers; set corn out to thaw, and drain and rinse beans. Set all aside separately.
- Add oil to skillet and heat over medium-high. Add potatoes, cumin, and salt; cook for 5 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- Add in onions, garlic, and peppers; cook for 3-4 minutes more, stirring occasionally.
- Add in beans and corn, and continue to cook another 2 minutes.
- Add in diced tomatoes and taco seasoning; stir to combine. Cook for 5 minutes over medium high heat, then reduce heat to low and simmer another 15 minutes or until potatoes have softened.
- Remove from heat and spritz with fresh-squeezed lime juice, then sprinkle cheese on top and allow it to melt.
- Meanwhile, slice avocados and peaches, and chop green onions.
- Serve potato mixture topped with avocado and onions as desired; serve peach slices on the side.
Homemade Taco Seasoning
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
We love this meal from this subscription meal plan service, and if you sign up, use the code KAB20 for 20% off your entire order.