One of the most important ways I have used essential oils in my home is helping my kids rest and fall asleep. People have been using lavender for this purpose for a long time, and is the one thing that had me hooked.
You can use lavender for sleep in many ways – we’ve made a pillow spray and bath melts with it – but a new fun way I just found is scenting my kids teddy bears. They snuggle with them every night and always go to bed with them, so what better place to add oils?
Lavender Scented Teddy Bears
A plush animal with a lavender scent is the perfect combination for a good night of sleep! Is there anything better than a warm huggable fragrant treat? We love how easy this craft is – all you need is some fluffy toys (my kids prefer a cute bear or even better, giant teddy bears) and a couple of drops of lavender essential oil. Plus, it’s pretty inexpensive to make!
Our lavender bear is the perfect addition to your nighttime routine thanks to its soothing ingredient – lavender essential oil! While you can use this on your bed linen, kids who sleep with a teddy bear toy or stuffed animals will love sleeping with them.
Ingredients To Make Lavender Plush Toys
- 3-5 drops of lavender essential oil
- Kids teddy bear
All you need to do is place 3-5 drops of Lavender on your kids’ teddy bear. I usually put a couple on the body, one on the head and one on each foot.
This is one of those things that is so simple and brilliant you can’t believe you hadn’t thought of it sooner!
My kids are loving this and like everything I do with lavender, it’s really helping them fall asleep.
- 3-5 lavender essential oil
- Teddy bear or stuffed animal
- All you need to do is place 3-5 drops of Lavender on your kids' teddy bear.
- We recommend putting a couple on the body, one on the head and one on each foot.
WANT MORE SLEEPING TIPS FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG?
- Here are ways to keep toddler in crib for hours of good sleep.
- Check out our list of oils that promote sleep.
- This is why wearing goodnites will help your kiddos sleep better.
- I totally need one of these camping bunk beds!
Did you try our lavender-scented teddy bear tip? Did your kid like it?