I have been seeing Minions all over the place lately. It could be because they are cute or maybe it’s the fact the movie is releasing this week. Either way, these Minion Cookies are something you have to make with your kids because let’s face it, cookies are delicious right?
While these cookies are quite easy to make, you do want to ensure an adult is around when children are making them. Since you are melting chocolate, we don’t want any little fingers (or even toes) burned.
So now that you’ve got cookies on the mind, check out how to make these Minion Cookies yourself!
Supplies Needed to Make Minion Cookies:
- Milano Dark Chocolate Cookies
- Wilton Royal Blue Candy Melts
- Wilton Yellow Candy Melts
- Wilton Candy Eyeballs
- Wilton Black Sparkle Gel
- Parchment Paper
- Cookie Sheet
- Microwave Safe Bowl
How to Make Minion Cookies:
- Prepare a cookie sheet by placing a piece of parchment paper over it (wax side up).
- In a small microwave safe bowl, add some of the blue candy melts and place into microwave.
- Microwave the candy melts on 30 second increments and stir in between heating sessions. Repeat until melted. Be careful not to burn the chocolate.
- Dip half of a Milano cookie into the melted blue chocolate. If you need to, you can use a spoon or butter knife to spread it evenly. Place the cookie onto the cookie sheet.
- Once you’ve dipped all the cookies you want to make, place the cookie sheet into the fridge to speed up the process of hardening the chocolate.
- Once the chocolate is hardened, repeat the same steps above for the yellow part of the cookie. Dipping the other half with the yellow candy melts, and placing into the fridge.
- Once the entire cookie is dipped in chocolate and hardened, it’s time to decorate!
- Start by using your black sparkle gel to create a thin line across the top.
- Place 1-2 candy eyeballs over the strip of black sparkle gel.
- Again using the black sparkle gel, create a mouth.
- Place cookies back into fridge until the sparkle gel hardens. Then serve and enjoy!
When you are all said and done, these Minion Cookies are a fun treat! Perfect for any Minion parties you plan to throw!
Looking for another fun Minion idea? Check out this Paint Chip Minion Bookmark Craft!
Don’t miss this super easy minion craft made out of a paper plate!