Minions are EVERYWHERE. So why shouldn’t they also be around your neck? I am taking about making your own Minion Washer Necklace that you and your child can display all minion I mean, month long!
Minions the movie releases this week and we wanted to give you some fun craft ideas you can make with your kids. It just so happens to be a bonus that this necklace craft is also incredibly inexpensive so you can make some for your kids, your kids friends, and maybe even the whole neighborhood!
Here is how to make your own…
Supplies Needed to Make Your Own Minion Washer Necklace:
- 3/8 in X 1 1/4 in Metal Washers
- 1/4 in Flat Washers
- Hot Glue Gun
- Black Twine
- Electrical Tape
- Yellow Acrylic Paint
- Craft Foam Brush
- Googly Eyes
How to Make Your Own Minion Washer Necklace:
- Cover your work area with newspaper or spare paper.
- Place your washer onto the area you covered and paint it using the foam brush and yellow crafting paint. It will take several layers in order to cover the silver entirely. Make sure you let each layer dry completely before applying the next. If you want you can also apply a sealant to keep the paint from chipping.
- Cut a piece of electrical tape just large enough to cover the washer side to side (since my electrical tape was a bit thick, I cut it in half to make it a thinner piece).
- Place the piece of tape across the middle of the washer. This is the strap part of the minion eye.
- Find a googly eye that will fit over the small washer perfectly.
- Cut a piece of twine large enough to wrap around the washer and to tie for the necklace.
- With the string, make a loop and stick it through the large washer.
- Take a small washer and place it right onto the string so it is in front of the large yellow painted washer. The silver part is the outside of the minion eye.
- Hot glue a googly eye onto the front of the small silver washer.
- Tie the twine so it becomes a necklace and let your child wear it!
This is what it will look like when you are done…