There is something about Koolaid that reminds me of summertime! The flavors smell SO yummy!
We prefer not to have our kids drink stuff high in artificial dyes – BUT they can still enjoy the flavors of summer, in Koolaid PLAY DOUGH. This recipe only takes 5 minutes to make!
5 Minute Play Dough Recipe
Many thanks to 36th Avenue and Fun at Home with Kids. Desiree inspired us to add koolaid to our dough this week and Asia told us that we didn’t need to use the stove to make our dough – we can microwave it!! Thanks to both of you!
Ingredients you need to make koolaid play dough:
(Contains affiliate links.)
Koolaid Play dough
Mix all the ingredients into a bowl and stir them until they are all wet and mixed.
Put your bowl into the microwave for 50-60 seconds. Stir the edges of your bowl and then let it sit for a minute to set. With a spatula stir the dough and then scrape it out of the bowl.
Add another tablespoon of flour to your table surface and dump the dough onto it. Work the play dough until it is elastic. Total time = 5 Minutes! Marvelous!
As we estimate our ingredients (see above video – my five year old is our play dough “cook”) here are solutions we have discovered if our batch does not come out as we had planned:
- If the dough is stiff, add a teaspoon of water.
- Crumbly dough? add another teaspoon of oil.
- If the dough is sticky, add another teaspoon of flour.
- If you prefer a “silky” dough, add a teaspoon of glycerin.
NOTE: While all the ingredients in this recipe are “edible” we do not advise people to eat the dough. Kids can easily get sodium toxicity from eating homemade dough. Please encourage your kids to keep this OUT of their mouths!
More Play Dough Recipes
- Try out our classic homemade playdough recipe!
- Check out these deliciously edible playdough recipes.
- Speaking of edible playdough, try our peanut butter playdough.
- This galaxy playdough is out of this world!
- This melted ice cream paydoh is so much fun to play with!
- Relax with this therapeutic play dough.
- This homemade chocolate playdough smells amazing!
- This is not your average playdough. It is shiny play doh!
- Why not inspire some creative play with this play doh sea recipe.
- Your kids will love this under the sea playdough!
- You can make this peeps playdough from your leftover candy. It’s my favorite recipe!
- Playing with playdough can be educational as well. Your children can learn
- Cloud dough is actually a little different than playdough in texture.
- Have fun with playdough! You can be a play doh monster maker or make something else with this list of ideas.
- Looking for more educational activities? We have a list of awesome science activities for kids!
Leave a comment: Did the kids enjoy making this koolaid play dough recipe?