Being Meaningful Without The Means
We totally get it. It’s so easy to go crazy buying everything on everyone’s Christmas list, and we all want to give our kids the perfect Holiday. The thing is, you can give your kids awesome memories this year without going way over budget. It’s all about the experiences.
We had so much fun working with Sun Trust Bank to bring you our favorite Holiday experiences to help you live within your means this Holiday Season. You can check out their holiday planning guide to help you plan ahead this month! Their Budgeting, Made Simple download is that…budgeting, made simple! It is a tool that can be used all year long, but their holiday budget and meaningful gift guide worksheets will come in very handy over the next month.
Holiday experiences to help you live within your means
- Bake! I know it’s messy and I know it can be crazy, but everyone loves homemade baked goods, and we all have flour sugar and eggs around the house. Take time with your kids in the kitchen this month. They will remember it forever, and so will you.
- Turn off the electronics. This one might actually save you money! Throw an old fashioned game night around the house and play together. There is nothing more fun than watching mom and dad get really competitive over a game of Uno or Yahtzee. Your kids will love it.
- Play Video Games Together. Okay, if you are like my family and you can’t imagine a night of electronic free gaming, that’s totally okay! Turn on the gaming system and race against each other all night. The winner gets to skip out on chores.
- Make a point to visit friends. We all do a pretty good job of seeing our family during the holidays, but don’t forget about your friends! Make it a point to drop off some of those baked goods you made in the kitchen!
- Give. I know a lot of us don’t have extra to give during the holidays, but we do have a lot of toys, clothes, and canned goods that can go to goodwill or a local shelter. Now is a great time to take some time out to gather that stuff and give it to someone who will actually use it!
- We know it’s hard to remind your kids that there’s more to the holidays than presents and parties, and we totally get it. But remember that it’s important to take time out and pause. Enjoy what you have and be happy as a family.
At SunTrust Bank their purpose is lighting the way to financial well-being. They want to help you reduce holiday stress through tools, advice, and inspiration that encourages you to make your holidays meaningful by spending within your means and focusing on meaningful experiences.
To get started visit holidaymeans.com
Meaningful spending made easy with our holiday planning guide. Download here
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of SunTrust. The opinions and text are all mine.