After you give birth there are a lot of things you might expect to see change in your body – stretch marks for instance. But for a lot of us, there have been very unusual changes. Things we never considered as a “side effect” of having a baby.
I can say for certain I didn’t know my feet would grow or that my hair would begin to grey quite so early. If you’ve not already had a little one, here are some fun things that might be in your future. (Besides of course an incredible little person.)
7 Unusual Ways Your Body Changes After Baby
1. Taste buds. I’ve spent my whole life never having real chocolate and sweets cravings. Those were things I never really ate much. After my first pregnancy though, I developed and have since maintained, a total sweet tooth. No brownies are safe around me anymore.
2. Body shape (not weight). I’m not talking about your body weight, I mean the shape. I lost all of my pregnancy wait within the year but none of it went back to where it belonged originally. Some women in our Facebook community say their shoulders broadened and their feet grew. My feet actually grew a whole half a size.
3. Hair texture. Straight to wavy. Curly to straight. A lot of women say their hair texture changed significantly after baby. Mine did not, but I do now have to actively fight all the greys.
4. Gotta go! For woman with vaginal births, you may now forever pee your pants when you laugh, run or sneeze.
5. A need for deodorant. Wearing deodorant was not a must for me prior to pregnancy. I rarely sweat and if I did, there was little to no odor. Now? If I’m not wearing it, you will know. Thank you to several ladies from our Facebook community who fessed up to this and made me feel a little less stinky.
6. Sleep position. I always fell asleep on my back prior to children and was very uncomfortable laying on my stomach. Now I sleep on my stomach and never my back. Many women mention they don’t sleep comfortably in the same position they once did.
7. Food allergies. I haven’t had this issue, but one women in our Facebook community became lactose intolerant, another became gluten sensitive, and one more developed an egg allergy. However, a couple of people said their food allergies went away!
Tell me, what body changes took you by surprise after baby?