Potty training can be tough! When your child has to go they have to GO, and that’s why we love having all our potty training essentials in one easy-to-access basket on the bathroom floor!
If you are thinking about potty training or in the middle of it, one amazing resource with all sorts of great ideas and advice is Pull-Ups ® Big Kid Academy. We are really excited to be working with them to spread the news!
The way we see it, your toddlers will be spending quite a bit of time in the bathroom, and we want to make it as easy as possible for both you and them with this handy-dandy potty training basket!
What goes in a potty training basket?
Well, lots of things can go in a potty basket, but we asked our readers and here are some of their suggestions.
- Paper Towels: Sometimes the messes are too much for toilet paper, and you just don’t want to dirty up towels with that.
- Baby Wipes: Your kids are used to getting clean with these, make the transition easier by including them in your routine.
- Pull-Ups ®: I don’t think I ever would have made it through potty training without them! Favorite characters make these a favorite.
- Bubbles: Blowing bubbles gives your kid something to play with while they’re making the magic happen! With their mind on bubbles, they can get over their mental block!
- Matchbox Cars: These are kind of like the bubbles, because they’re small enough to play with on the toilet.
- Books: Even grown-ups read when they go! Of course books will make everything easier!
- Cheerios or Goldfish: If you have boys, this helps them “aim.”
- A Magic Wand: Because sometimes you need a little magic to get things moving.
- Stickers: Stickers are a great non-candy reward.
- Hand Sanitizer: This is more for you than the kiddos.
- A Game System: an old Ipad, Nintendo DS, or just something to keep the kids from getting up for a bit longer while they wait on their business to get done.
- Spare Clothes: So you don’t have to go hunting for them when an accident occurs.
- Music: We used to keep a radio in the bathroom so we could jam out while we waited.
Right now, you can enroll your kids in the Pull-Ups Big Kid Academy. When you enroll at the Big Kid Academy, you ™ll get a personalized My Pull-Ups ® page with potty training activities and advice customized to your point in the potty training journey.
The Big Kid Academy has a world-class library of potty training tips and advice from parenting experts, medical professionals and our brightest alumni: parents who have been there.
¢ How to talk to day care providers about potty training
¢ Solutions for nighttime
¢ Potty training on the go
¢ The best clothing for potty training
Many thanks to Pull-Ups for sponsoring today's story and creating the Big Kid Academy for us Potty Trainers.